Job Description :
The purpose of the position is to fill an opening for a professional class 1 driver. Safely transport and utilize a Roll-off truck with pup trailer. Waste, recyclables & special waste are hauled to landfills, transfer stations, recycling facilities, approved specialized disposal and or treatment facilities around Alberta, British Columbia.
Quest Disposal & Recycling Inc. is one of Alberta’s fastest growing waste management companies. Our core business covers every aspect of waste and recycling. Including supplying collection containers, transportation, transfer and landfill management. We offer a competitive pay package including benefits, vacation pay, and always strive for a good home and work life balance.
If you are looking for a position with a well established industry leading waste & recycling company, with great growth potential here’s your opportunity to join our growing team!
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Operates vehicle in accordance with Quests Safety and Life Critical Rules, Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) and DOT (Department of Transportation) requirements as well as all local, provincial and federal laws.
- Utilize a Electronic log book to Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned vehicle and documents checks utilizing the standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report)
- Required to be able to lift the Roll-Off hook and attach it to the bin, requires bending and ability to lift 25-50 pounds
- Required to follow and understand all applicable Provincial and Federal transportation laws
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a team and safety focused environment
- Willingness to work away from home and live in camp/ hotel setting, working a rotational schedule .
- Home base for this position is in Hinton, AB
- Valid Class One (1) Operator’s Licence with 5 years driving experience
- General mechanical aptitude by possessing knowledge of trucks and operational equipment
- Follow written and oral instructions in English; complete written forms and documents in English
- The ability to work independently or in a team environment with minimal supervision
- Mountain, Highway & Off-road experience is an asset
Requirements & Training
- #1 POSITIVE ATTITUDE
- Successfully complete pre-employment D &A test, previous employment check, drivers abstract review, and successfully pass internal driver evaluation
- You must submit at the time of application, 5 year commercial drivers’ abstract that is not more than 30 days old.
- Successful applicants will internally complete 4 mandatory courses. Weights & Dimensions,Federal Hours of Service, Cargo Securement & Daily Pre-Trip Inspections
Reference ID: Quest-HT155RO
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- truck driver: 3 years (Required)
- Waste Management: 1 year (Preferred)