Therapy Heals Inc. is seeking a therapist who is passionate about working with people to achieve their counselling/therapy goals in a private practice setting.
Currently we are providing services by video and phone due to the pandemic. We will be returning to in-person sessions in the near future as it is safe to do so. Therefore, please apply for a location that will be accessible for you in the long term.
This position offers the freedom and flexibility of self-employment without the burden of running your own business, or the worry about where your next client will come from.
Although you will be working independently, you will also be part of a team environment, with optional peer support from about 25 other therapists.
- Therapy Heals Inc. is seeking an independent contractor for a private practice setting. We currently have openings in several settings with a priority for Tottenham.
- Therapy Heals Inc is a well established and busy psychotherapy and counselling practice developed in 2007. Therapy Heals provides general counselling and psychotherapy services for a wide range of issues.
Duties and Responsibilities
- You will be working in a private practice capacity as an Independent Contractor
- You will be delivering psychotherapy and counselling services in accordance with the regulations of the College you are registered with
- Client referrals are provided by Therapy Heals Inc.
- A minimum one year commitment for one shift per week is required (excluding vacation time and personal time off).
- Please only apply if you are available for at least one evening or one weekend shift. More hours are available, but this is the minimum requirement. The ideal candidate will be available for 2 of the following shifts: Monday evening, Tuesday evening, Wednesday evening, or Sundays
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum Masters level education in related field.
- Registered and in good standing with the College of Social Workers, College of Psychotherapists, or College of Psychologists a must.
- Experience or willingness to work with Couples (Counselling) is necessary
- Counselling children, play therapy, CBT, EMDR, Brainspotting, or Eating Disorders would be an asset.
- Liability insurance
- Supervision as required
Therapy Heals welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. We will provide required accommodations throughout the hiring process, to the best of our ability.
Application Deadline: 2020-06-14
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: $65.00 to $85.00 /hour
Currently our Psychotherapists and Counsellors are working remotely and providing sessions to clients by phone or video. Once we start limited in-person sessions, maximum safety measures will be used to maintain a safe environment.
- counselling: 1 year (Preferred)
- Master's Degree (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19