Payroll & Benefits Administrator
Temporary Full Time - Non Union
Winchester District Memorial Hospital
With approximately 335+ employees comprising 2 different unions as well as a non-union group, the Temporary Payroll & Benefits Administrator is responsible for the timely and accurate processing of payroll, and the administration of all employee benefits and pension plans for all employees.
The duties of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Working as a team with the Scheduling/Staffing Administrators, import and verify time cards, process pay adjustments, verify and correct error reports, calculate and process bi-weekly payroll, produce the EFT for direct deposit and transmit files to the bank and other institutes
- Assist in maintaining and provide training as necessary to employees for the ESS (Employee Self-Serve) program.
- Handle employee relations on pay, benefit & pension inquiries and issues; produces ROEs & seniority lists, as well as produce/update various reports for Management Team
- Reconcile and produce various remittances as required
- Reconcile all payroll accounts at year end, produce and issue T4s, complete and submit various annual reports
- Assist in processing enrollments, changes in coverage and terminations with the benefit carrier (ensuring all billings reflect accurate coverage)
- Administer the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan. Assist with enrollments, terminations, monthly remittances, and annual reporting.
- Maintain the Medisolution HRIS system (i.e., entering new employees, status changes, earnings, deductions, updating salary scales, benefit premiums etc.)
- Monitor and process pay & vacation increases in accordance with Collective Agreement
- Update and record Employee Training Module as necessary (Surge Learning)
- Administer the photo ID security/access card process for all employees
- Weekend and/or work during holidays may be required occasionally in this position, depending on payroll schedule
- Minimum 3-5 years of directly related payroll experience; experience with multi-groups of non-union and unionized employees is preferred
- Post-secondary degree or diploma related to Payroll, Human Resources or Benefits Administration
- Canadian Payroll Certification, or in progress of obtaining same is required, although appropriate combination of desired experience and education may be considered
- Strong proficiency and at least two years of recent experience operating a payroll/HRIS systems (Medisolution preferred or similar healthcare payroll software ), Microsoft office products.
- Recent experience administering an HRIS system in a healthcare multi employee group environment is desired and preferred
- Recent experience operating a Kronos software driven automated scheduling/staffing system is a preferred asset
- Ability to work within tightly defined deadlines on a regular basis
- Knowledgeable of current legislation governing payroll and pension administration (e.g. Income Tax Act, Employment Insurance Act, Employment Standards Act, Revenue Canada Guidelines pertaining to regular and lump sum payments, termination and retirement payments, Employer Health Tax Guidelines, and Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan Administration Guidelines and Provincial Pension Benefits Act, etc.)
- Advanced ability to analyse payroll records, reports, personnel documentation and apply good judgement and control of same
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret and apply terms and conditions of all central and local collective agreements as they pertain to compensation/benefits.
- Excellent multi-tasking abilities and attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Please forward all resumes by email to the attention of
Corporate Manager - Recruitment, Compensation and Benefits
prior to April 22nd, 2020
Job Type: Temporary Full-time
Reference ID: #20-59
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: $0.00 /year