Are you motivated by the opportunity to learn, grow and be challenged? **
Are you looking for the opportunity to do work that helps you master a variety of transferable skills, or skills that are relevant across roles and industries? **
Do you want to join a dynamic, passionate and fast-growing team, and improve yourself personally and professionally? **
If that’s you, come join us at PENGWING, an Ottawa-based company which is committed to providing our customers with innovative and convenient products that can help them to establish a healthy lifestyle while busy juggling different things in their lives. Within a group of talented and hard-working individuals, our product line has been booming. We’ve decided to expand our team, and get a responsible marketing assistant who shares similar values with us on board to scale our business to the next level.
Role: Marketing Assistant **
Job Type: Full-Time **
Salary: $16-$20 depending on experience **
Starting Date: ASAP**
Role Overview **
➢ Branding & Marketing **- provide support on strategic proposals, content development, management and analysis to scale the business with the team.
➢ Social media** - assist with management and development of company social media accounts to improve engagement and visibility. Conduct regular ad campaigns on Facebook Ads Manager, and manage the metrics to maximize the results.
➢ SEO optimization** - modify and improve SEO content to optimize organic and paid traffic.
➢ *Event Planning*- develop and plan interesting events to improve company product line’s popularity and visibility. Perform clerical and other duties in support of event operations, i.e. reception, event assistance, and purchasing materials are required.
➢ Networking**- communicate with industry professionals and influencers via social media to create a strong network.
➢ Wholesale**- contact and communicate with potential retailers, and adjust the line sheet based on the client’s requirements and needs.
➢ Content creation** - assist with development and creation of marketing content including but not limited to social media platforms, blogs, emails, etc. Ensure the content is fully prepared based on the content calendars, and the materials align with company objectives and messaging.
➢ Others**- assist in inventory counts when necessary
- Experience in online & offline marketing strategies and marketing channels
- Proficiency in mainstream social media and analytics services, i.e. Facebook, Facebook Ad Manager, Youtube, Instagram
- Social media engagement experience with blogs, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Google+
- Strong organizational skills and comfortable with a fast-pace environment
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in photography and photo/ video editing is an asset
- Multitasking and analytical skills
- Being creative, proactive, detailed-oriented, and most importantly being entrepreneurial
- Some travelling maybe required.
- May be required to work some evenings and weekends
- Social media marketing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Marketing planning and implementation: 2 years (Preferred)
- English (Required)
- French (Preferred)
To apply for this position, please e-mail your resume or call us at 613-216-5139 for inquiry or question. We appreciate your time and interest in our positions. Only the selected candidate will be scheduled with the interview.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 to $20.00 /hour