Hollyburn Family Services continues to provide essential services to our clients in our therapeutic homes, counseling, senior and victim services programs. As such, we continue to hire caring professionals who will provide these essential services to our clients while still following the strict health and safety protocols set forth by Provincial Health, Health Canada, and Vancouver Coastal and Fraser Health Region around COVID-19, to ensure the health and welfare of our employees and clients. (as of May 25, 2020)
At Hollyburn, we empower growth and inspire change and we’re looking for people to join our team who want to do the same. If this sounds like you, read on. We want you with us!
We are Hollyburn Family Services, an industry leading organization that provides quality residential programs, counselling and support services to children, youth, and families since 1990. We value the uniqueness of each individual and their inherent capacity for growth. We rely on our core values to create a trusting and safe environment free from harassment and discrimination for our team and for our clients. We treat our employees, clients, and community with fairness, dignity and respect, and as such strive to hire and build a team reflective of these values. We are proud to have a diverse team, all of whom have unique abilities which to enrich the lives of their clients.
You are a positive energetic role model who has a passion and skill for providing support, care and can act as a mentor in supporting the personal growth for our youth at risk. You want to make a difference in the lives of people we support and play an integral role in supporting their successful achievements.
We are looking for a full-time, Youth Mental Health Worker to lead the service plan implementation of client-focused, evidence-based therapeutic interventions and support required for client(s) in our Burnaby residential program who present complex mental health and behavioural issues. The Child & Youth Mental Health Worker works closely with the Clinical Manager, Consulting Psychologist, and Clinical Director using an inter-professional, collaborative approach. Specifically, we are looking for this Youth Mental Health Worker to work Full-time, 3 pm – 11 pm, including one weekend day.
PLEASE NOTE, THIS APPLICATION INCLUDES A PHONE SCREEN TO HELP US EXPEDITE OUR SCREENING PROCESS. PLEASE ASSIST US IN LEARNING MORE ABOUT YOU BY COMPLETING THE PHONE SCREEN. WE WILL NOT CONSIDER APPLICANTS WHO DO NOT COMPLETE THE PHONE SCREEN.
· Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Social Work, Education or Behavioural Sciences and a minimum (3) years’ recent experience providing assessment and treatment services for children & youth in residential settings with psychiatric/mental health concerns
· Working knowledge of DSM diagnoses and related treatments, the Mental Health Act, the Hospital Act and the Child, Family and Community Service Act
· Must own a vehicle, hold a valid B.C. Driver’s License and have business insurance with $3,000,000.00 liability
· Must complete an acceptable Criminal Record Search Report
· Must hold a current First Aid/CPR certificate
· Must hold a current NVCI and Mandt certificate
YOU’LL SCORE MORE POINTS IF YOU HAVE:
Demonstrated experience dealing with challenging behaviours and de-escalating techniques in residential settings
· Knowledge of different child and youth care approaches, the development of youth service plans, and legislation and government regulations applicable to the program
· Ability to work with high risk clients, assess problems and determine appropriate strategies and methods for client coping skills
· Ability to handle stressful situations and self-regulate in order to co-regulate the client
· Clear, direct and sensitive verbal and written communication skills
· Experience liaising with community resources and multi-disciplinary professionals and working within a team setting
A SAMPLE OF WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
· Providing inclusionary and flexible treatment and case management services for individuals with mental illness and concurrent disorders
· Working within the context of a client and family centered care model and in accordance with established standards of professional practice, and agency model of care
· Establishing and maintaining relationships with and consulting with clients, their families, and colleagues to provide appropriate treatment services based on best practices and client need
· Performing key duties such as client intake, treatment planning, crisis intervention, consultation, and individual counseling and groups to facilitate and coordinate client access to services
· Supporting multi/interdisciplinary team to provide quality client care by providing information based on specialized theory/practice and/or participating in direct client and family as appropriate
· Identifying clients' strengths and building on them in order to improve their self-esteem
· Teaching and reinforcing adaptive behaviours and coping techniques to clients in order to improve basic social and life skills
Because we know our team is our heart and our most important asset:
We offer extensive training opportunities to all employees. We support professional development and advancement within our every growing organization. Our salaries are competitive and our benefits package for full-time employees includes 100% employer premium paid BC Medical, extended health, dental, vision care, life insurance, wellness days and sick leave. Employees are responsible for paying their Long Term Disability premiums. After a six-month probationary period, our employees become eligible for our Registered Retirement Savings Plan where Hollyburn matches contributions up to 3% of gross salary.
If you’re still reading this and are as excited to join us as we are excited that you read this whole posting, then do not delay! Send your resume and a brief cover letter telling us why you are the perfect person to join our team by Friday, June 5 at 4:00pm.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $45,750.00 to $48,500.00 /year