SQN is a private after-school enrichment center, providing educational programs for students as young as 2 years old and as old as 12 years of age. We differ from other institutions in many areas, including but not limited to the following:
1) Programs are categorized by student age groups and the teacher placement for each program is based on their relevant experience and expertise.
2) Learning areas are designed with the specific age groups in mind, resulting in a facility that is catered to the different developmental needs of the students (e.g., open activity space, age-specific furniture, etc.).
3) Educators work as a team, supporting each other in program planning, program delivery, individual student support, learning space set-up, and more. Creativity and collaboration are the foundation of the Education Team.
4) Class size is deliberately small but intimate, resulting in higher student engagement and smoother classroom management.
5) Involvement from families is encouraged and is maintained through a systematic online communication channel.
Rather than having a set curriculum, educators at SQN utilize their creativity and understanding of their students to establish clear learning objectives and plan and deliver programs that are not only fun and engaging, but also relevant to the world around us.
Just like the learning environment for students, the working environment requires educators to be innovative, organized, and resourceful.
Website & Address
Find out more about our organization by visiting our website at www.sqnedu.com
Location: 105-6968 Pearson Way, Richmond, B.C.
What are we looking for?
At SQN, of the two important components that make you a great employee and colleague, we value attitude over ability. If you describe yourself having the following traits then we are interested to learn more about you:
- “Can-do” attitude
- Take initiatives
- Team player
Checked all these boxes? Great! You are someone we are interested in.
1) Educator - with a focus on early childhood age group (2 to 5 years of age)
2) Educator - with a focus on early elementary age group (5 to 8 years of age)
Here is a snapshot of what your role entails:
- Deliver SQN programs (private and group) in accordance to the SQN standard and methodology
- Regularly conduct and maintain a detailed assessment and progress report of each assigned student
- Collaborate with other educators, consultants, and administrators in developing and implementing existing or new curricula, theme-based activities, teaching materials and assessments
- Collaborate with other educators, consultants, and administrators in preparing lesson- and other program-related materials.
- Collaborate with other educators, consultants, and administrators in preparing each learning space to satisfy both organizational and pedagogical needs
- Collaborate with other educators, consultants, and administrators in providing administrative support and communicating with clients
Depending on the needs and availability of both sides, priority consideration is given to individuals who can provide a steady level of time commitment for the entire duration of any given semester. As the program schedule below demonstrates, SQN is looking for individuals who can commit to at least 4 days work, with the work hours of each day ranging from 2 to 7 hours.
Fall Semester Program Schedule:
- Work Days: TBD
- Work Time: TBD usually after 3:00 PM on weekdays and day availability on weekends
- September to December
Before you apply for this position, take a look at the following and see if your profile matches with what we are looking for:
- At least one year of experience working with children between the ages of 2 to 6 and/or ages of 6 to 10 in an educational setting (i.e. licensed childcare facilities, elementary schools, tutoring centres, or other educational institutions)
- Some form of teaching certification is an asset: B.C. Early Childhood Educator Certificate, Bachelor’s Degree in Education, or equivalent
- A strong understanding of age-specific childhood developmental milestones and instructional methods/philosophies (i.e. Montessori, Reggio Emilia, Waldorf, IB PYP, etc.)
- Experience with lesson planning for early childhood education programs is an asset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with word-processing software (i.e. MS Word & Excel, Google Docs & Sheets) and video communication platforms (i.e. Zoom, Google Hangout, Skype)
- Ability to collaborate with multiple individuals at varying levels
- Availability on at least one weekend day is preferred
Nice-to-Have (check one or more)
- Experience in age-specific school readiness assessment situations
- Experience working with children in a group setting
- Experience with non-traditional pedagogies/areas of learning (i.e. STEAM, Inquiry-based learning )
- Experience performing administrative duties (i.e. filing, documentation, client communication, scheduling, etc.) in a fast-paced educational environment
- First-Aid Certification
If there is any additional information you want to share with us for further consideration, please do so in the format of a cover letter (optional).
If you believe there is a good match, let’s connect and chat!
What you need to include in your application (include it as part of your cover letter or direct message on indeed or email)
- Your availability between September 10 to December 17 (please list out your availability for each day between Monday to Saturday)
- The age group you have experience working with (ECE: 2-5 or Elementary: 5-8)
- Any relevant documents from the past (e.g., lesson plan, reference letter)
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.00-$25.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Richmond, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Teaching: 1 year (preferred)
- Teaching Certification or equivalent (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-09-10
Expected start date: 2023-09-11