Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Actively looking for two positions - One Full Time position and One 18-month contract.
Contributes to the overall success of the Application Fraud in Canada, Toronto, Ontario ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
Analyze the applications/alerts generated from the various systems identifying potential fraudulent or unusual transactions by:
- Self-assigning daily generated alerts;
- Reviewing customer account information in respect of the alerts, summarizing the referential information using the case management tool and determining if/how to investigate the account(s) activity;
- Investigating the alert by reviewing Sales Builder notes, and/or contacting the Branch/Contact Centre/ Alternate Channel, and/or reviewing account history and/or requesting supporting documentation (e.g. bank statements, cheques/ letter of employment etc), and/or reviewing for previous alerts or cases;
Take action on alerts effectively and efficiently to ensure risk to the Bank is minimized:
- Determining whether the alert is unusual enough to warrant further review. If not, closing the alert with comments. If yes, conducting a preliminary review to validate the alert and action by contacting the appropriate branch/ office/ department/ unit with request for additional information;
- Escalating more complex alerts, once the preliminary review is completed, to your Supervisor;
- Ensuring all recommended action has been recorded and appropriate systems updated
Assist with documenting, recording, recovery and/or reporting of fraudulent activities, as required, by:
- Entering the completed review into Citadel when fraud has been identified or activity appears to be unusual
- Escalate trends in credit applications to supervisor with findings/recommendations for further review/guidance.
Contribute to the overall effectiveness and efficiency of the Department by:
- Identifying, analyzing and escalating new fraud patterns that are identified through the use of the various alert systems;
- Escalating alerts to your Supervisor that cannot be completed on a timely basis.
Ensure that the customer service provided is of the highest quality by:
- Providing conclusions resulting from the work performed that are well-thought out, accurate and complete;
- Prioritizing all requests for information, establishing response times and escalating requests to your Supervisor for resolution if personal workloads conflict with the requests;
- Making decisions when situations involve some uncertainty, documenting the facts that will support the reason for the decision
- Ensure the confidentiality and privacy of information is maintained at all times, as per the Bank’s guidelines.
Ensure applications identified through .COM channel which may include; conditional approvals/straight approved and should be reviewed in detail to determine any of the following;
- Mismatch of any application information, eg; employer, address, phone numbers, income etc
concerns with validity of information provided
- once identified, the application/credit card should be actioned to prevent losses to the bank escalate any concerns identified through review of straight approved applications by;
- providing supporting information identified through review and trending information
- recommend possible rules/process changes based on trending of potential fraud applications
Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
Training and Skill Building
One on one training will be provided for the first two weeks including job shadow, system training and real case studying.
You will be required to master 1 single skill in the first 3 months on board, add on additional skill(s) will be get trained thereafter depending on the skill development, performance and operational capacity.
- Fraud background or industry experience
- Criminology educational background
- Credit experience
- Thorough knowledge of communication skills; verbal, written and electronic
- Review of credit applications specific to the branch and alternate channel- Nationally
- Responsible for a high degree of discretion, utilizing initiative, experience and judgement to determine work priorities
- Accuracy and Thoroughness, Analytical Thinking
- Excellent communication skills are required in order to communicate findings of the review
- Working knowledge of industry trends and information regarding fraud and fraud detection/prevention
- Working knowledge of the Banks systems e.g; CIS, KS, KT, AS400, Pega, Sales Builder, Citadel, memento, etc
Canada : Ontario : North York
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank’s six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.