Who We Are
Olli is a premier cannabis infused tea and edibles company in Canada and aims to be a leader in the industry for trusted and quality products. Our core business consists of house branded products as well as private and white label manufacturing services.
What We Are Looking For
The Quality Assurance Associate will be joining our small team and will assist in the development and management our quality system and operational compliance. The ideal candidate will foster and develop a work environment that promotes trust, teamwork, performance, quality and safety. Collaboration with production, quality, and operations departments will be required to effectively establish project goals and timelines. Effective time management and eagerness to learn and keep up with a new and innovative industry are key. We hope this person will grow with our team in a new and innovative industry!
Role and Responsibilities
- Assist with communications with Health Canada pertaining to licensing, reporting and regulatory compliance
- Assist with the quality management system and quality assurance program including the preparation of SOPs, quality records, and qualification and validation protocols
- Assist with preparation for Health Canada and other regulatory audits
- Assist with the execution of internal audits (including recall procedure) and issue audit report findings to department heads to ensure audit readiness and conformity with the Cannabis Act, its Regulations, and other regulatory requirements such as GMP, GPP, HACCP, etc.
- Maintenance of batch records and record keeping
- Assist with in-process checks in support of quality control
- Assist with developing training programs for QA and compliance for all facility personnel
- Review marketing material alongside product labels to ensure compliance with the Cannabis Act
- Assist with the preparation of facility compliance reports for senior management including bringing awareness to any regulatory issues, changes and best practices
Education and Experience
- Post-secondary education required; preferably business or science
- 2+ years of experience in a compliance and QA roles
- Experience in a regulated industry such as pharmaceutical or consumer packaged goods is considered an asset and strong understanding of The Cannabis Act regulations and previous cannabis regulations such as the ACMPR
- Strong knowledge of GMP, GPP, SFCA, FDR, BRC, SQF, HACCP, etc.
- Strong written, verbal, and communication skills
- Self-starter with the ability to identify problems and then develop and implement solutions, work independently and prioritize task
- Demonstrated leadership ability, team management and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize and organize a constantly changing workload while maintaining a high level of integrity and accuracy to meet key deadlines
- Excellent analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills
- High level of interpersonal skills, the ability to work collaboratively, build teams and work within/lead cross functional teams while conducting work with confidentiality and professionalism
- Technologically proficient. Experienced with Microsoft Office and enterprise resource applications such as Slack, Gsuite, quality management cloud-based systems, inventory tracking systems and various project management apps
Application deadline: 2020-05-29
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Quality Assurance: 2 years (Preferred)