Salary range: The salary range for this position is CAD $39.14 - $48.88 / hour Why Fraser Health?:
Fraser Health is responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services from Burnaby to Fraser Canyon on the traditional, ancestral and unceded territories of the Coast Salish and Nlaka’pamux Nations, and is home to six Métis Chartered Communities.
Our team of 45,000 staff, medical staff and volunteers is dedicated to serving our patients, families and communities to deliver on our vision: Better health, best in health care. Learn more.
If you are someone who is looking for a challenge that is equally as rewarding, then this might be the opportunity for you. We hire great people for excellent jobs and need your help to expand our ability to deliver prompt and professional services. We are currently looking for a Casual Social Worker to join our team at Royal Columbian Hospital located in New Westminster, B.C. This is a chance to make a difference every day in the world of health care as you to bring your excellent work ethic to the role.
Come work with us!
Fraser Health is proudly recognized as a BC Top Employer. Joining our team offers you opportunities to work in a rapidly growing organization with health professionals who are excellent in their respective fields, career growth and advancement, a competitive compensation package (including four weeks of vacation to start, comprehensive health benefits, and pension plan), and the rewarding opportunity to make a difference every single day in health care.
Effective October 26, 2021 all staff for all positions across health care in British Columbia are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (have received a full series of a World Health Organization “WHO” approved vaccine against infection by SARS-COV-2, or a combination of approved WHO vaccines). Please note this applies to all postings, and there are no exceptions.
Fraser Health values diversity in the work force and strives to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring and Trust. Fraser Health’s hiring practices aspire to ensure all individuals are treated in an inclusive, equitable, and culturally safe manner.
Connect with us!
Connect with us on our Careers social channels where you’ll learn about exciting opportunities, get career tips from our recruiters, and meet some of your future team members! You can also visit us on Indeed and Glassdoor.
Instagram | Facebook | LinkedIn | Twitter | TikTok
Reporting clinically to the Professional Practice Chief, Social Work and administratively to the Manager, Clinical Services, provides clinical and consultative services to patients and families by conducting assessments, counseling and planning for patient discharge by exploring, identifying and determining required community resources.
- Conducts social work assessments in order to identify the patient's and family's coping abilities and anticipated needs upon discharge; completes written reports for inclusion in patient health record.
- Provides clinical counseling services to patients and families regarding identified problems, personal concerns and treatment objectives; consults and collaborates with the interdisciplinary teams regarding patient care issues, resources and the discharge planning process.
- Provides consultative and direct services to patients, families and staff regarding community resources and access to these resources in order to facilitate optimal discharge planning.
- Provides in-service education to staff through various tools such as presentations and workshops as required.
- Participates in department or program-sponsored research through various methods such as literature searches, administering surveys and analyzing data as required.
- Provides workload measurement statistics for submission to department.
- Participates in program and community resource development activities by working with community service agencies and the hospital in order to respond to identified gaps in service and recognized patient needs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in Social Work from an approved school of Social Work, plus one (1) year recent related clinical social work experience in an healthcare setting.
Current full registration with the BC College of Social Workers.
Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge and understanding of psycho emotional and social issues related to illness/injury/disease and current social work treatments
- Knowledge of counseling skills and clinical practice models including brief solution-focused therapeutic intervention, crisis intervention and resource counseling
- Knowledge of legislation/acts applicable to social work within the health care environment
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with patients, health care team and external stakeholders
- Ability to work effectively with others as part of an interdisciplinary team and understanding the frameworks of other disciplines
- Ability to educate and provide consultation to patients and other healthcare professionals
- Ability to make effective referrals, reflecting in-depth knowledge of resources and strong collaborative skills in working with other health and external resources
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload in a complex environment
- Ability to operate related equipment including applicable software applications
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position