We are seeking an experienced Shop Foreman for a Custom Millwork and Scenery shop in the greater Vancouver area…
What we do.
We build Museums, Science centers, Luxury ski resorts, public art installations, film and television sets, window dressing for high end retailers, pop-up shops, fashion events, corporate events and Live stage productions. These projects include interactive displays, games and mechanically operated parts which require a skilled team of designers to create, test and prove sustainability and longevity in the market place.
"We have just moved to our new larger facility on Annacis Island and are looking to grow our team. If you do not have the exact qualifications we specify below, but believe that you have strengths to add our team, feel free to send in a resume specifying what contribution you think you can make."
- Manage daily production
- assigning and directing work to the Carpenters and shop hands
- Communication with Management, Project Managers & Installers
- Create Material Take-Offs and Hardware lists for Estimating purposes
- Ensure work flow efficiency
- Quality Control
- Manage costs on projects to achieve budgeted profit margins
- Maintaining shop equipment
- Keeping the wood shop clean & organized
- Ensure a safe working environment by following and maintaining safety practices and procedures
- Responsible for regular checks & maintenance of equipment
This positions requires
- A Motivated person with a positive attitude.
- very good communication skills
- Experience in operations management & production management
- Ability to lead a team of 4 to 8 Carpenters
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and goal-oriented environment with very tight timelines
- The ability to adapt quickly to new building methodologies
- Strong problem solving skills
- Fabrication of complex shapes using various build methodologies
- shaping lumber and other material such as plywood, plexi glass, foam, exotic woods etc..
- Take measurements and calculate the size and amount of material needed.
- Create “finish ready work” for the paint and stain
- should have familiarity with the CNC process, Training can be provided to successful candidates.
- Welding is an asset
- Journeyman ticket in Joinery and/or 7+ years of experience in the trade.
- AutoCAD, Rhino and Revit are definite assets
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Valid driver’s license
- Health and safety certificate
A competitive wage and benefits package will be provided to the chosen candidates.
www.unit11.com (http://www.unit11.com/) www.3dservices.com (http://www.3dservices.com/) www.boldeventcreative.com (http://www.boldeventcreative.com/)