Are you currently seeking to expand your current leadership responsibilities and ready to take your professional career to the next level ? If so, this opportunity is for you.
Reporting to the North American President, the incumbent will be responsible to develop and implement strategies for our Canadian operations in partnership with Business Units to insure continued success of the company in the country.
Responsibilities include the leadership of the Canadian sales team, ensuring that targets, budgets and customer needs are met while developing new business. Priorities include facilitating and supporting sales strategies with the different lines of business of the company. Coordinate and control the necessary resources for the proper operation of the Montréal and Trois-Rivières locations.
- Mechanical, Chemical, or Civil Engineering Degree combined with a minimum of 15 years or experience in the pulp and paper industry with previous responsibilities in management and sales.
- Requires excellent command of the English and French language, both written and spoken at an advanced level.
- Fluent with financials and accounting principles.
- Intermediate to advanced computer literacy with Microsoft Office, specifically with Excel.
- Available to travel frequently within Canada, the US and occasionally in Europe.
We offer you a challenging position with the leading global developer and supplier of technologies, automation and services for the pulp, paper and energy industries. We value and encourage an innovative culture that suits development-minded people who enjoy working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. All this comes with a generous benefits package and competitive compensation.
This role offers a great opportunity to expand your career and apply your well-earned knowledge in a meaningful way. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please apply online. Have specific questions? You can contact the Human Resources Manager responsible of this opening, Evangelo Pelekanakis. Please note that only online applications will be accepted.
When everything works together
Valmet is where the best talent from a wide variety of backgrounds comes together. With 13,000 professionals around the world, we are the leading global developer and supplier of technologies, automation and services for the pulp, paper and energy industries. Our commitment to moving our customers’ performance forward requires creativity, technological innovations, service know-how -and above all, teamwork.