West-Can Seal Coating Inc. is a fourth generation family owned road construction company specializing in the preservation of asphalt roads in Western Canada. We have been improving the quality of Western Canadian roads since 1986 and its people like you that make us a success!
We are always looking for talented individuals to join our every growing team. Currently however our focus is on finding experienced Payroll Administrator with a drive to achieve the very best in all that they do.
The Payroll Administrator with West-Can Seal Coating Inc. is responsible for planning, coordinating, and administrating the company’s compensation, payroll, and benefits program for both our full time and seasonal employees.
· Responsible for full cycle bi-weekly payroll for up to 200+ employees during our peak season
· Assist as required with processing field time entries for all field employees
· Administer group benefits (time and attendance, vacation, RRSP, long term disability, life insurance and taxable benefits)
· WCB requirements/remittances
· Process payroll and reconcile payroll accounts for month end in a timely manner. This will include direct deposits, payroll deductions, taxes, submission of ROE’s and RRSP contributions etc.
· Good Understanding of multi-provincial (BC, AB, SK, MB) legislative labour laws
· Garnishments - CRA, EI, FMEP
· Process new hires and terminations
· Management of company health benefits including inquiries and reports
· Management of company RRSP program including inquiries and reports
· Maintenance of employee data which involves coordination with Human Resources and other necessary departments within the Company
· Maintain personnel files, updating payroll pertinent information
· Coordination with Company safety department to ensure Company compliance from a payroll stand point
· Point of contact for all payroll queries from employees
· Identify, recommend and implement updates to systems and payroll procedures as necessary to improve efficiency and compliance
· Other duties and special projects as assigned by Management
· A minimum of 5+ years of full cycle in-house payroll experience
· Experience processing payroll for 200+ employees
· PCP – Payroll Compliance Practitioner designation considered an asset
· Strong accounting background and ability to reconcile payroll related GL accounts
· Experience with understanding payroll legislation in multiple provinces
· Intermediate skills with Microsoft Word and Excel
· Flexible schedule during peak times to meet payroll deadlines
· Strong Organizational skills with attention to detail
Skills and Abilities:
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Team Player
· Ability to work with minimal supervision
· Ability to meet strict payroll reporting deadlines while exposed to frequent interruptions
· Experience with Viewpoint-Vista (asset)
What we do for you…
· Competitive pay with benefits and an RRSP program…you know you want to retire!
· A fantastic group of people to work with
· Training…to ensure you’re always at your very best
We get a TON of resumes everyday…
While we appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of our standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening and provide us with a Driver's Abstract as a condition of employment.
Looking forward to hearing from you!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent