ATCO Frontec is seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Chef Manager to join our camp services team in the Yukon. The Chef Manager is responsible for the daily operations of the camp, providing professional leadership and direction.
COVID-19 Information - ATCO is committed to providing and maintaining a safe environment for our employees, contractors, partners, and customers. As part of this unwavering commitment to safety, all ATCO employees and contractors are required to be fully vaccinated.
Where We Work: This role is working on a 20/10 rotation.
- Manage food services in strict compliance with ATCO Frontec’s Food Service Management Guides, Provincial and Federal regulations
- Manage and plan menu’s appropriate to the clientele in accordance with the Contract Scope of Work and within approved budgets
- Monthly inventory and inventory control
- Adheres to labour matrix and controls labour costs
- Ensure that all meals are prepared and served to the highest standards possible while maintaining cost control and ensuring products are used effectively
- Oversee all staff at camp ensuring all duties are performed in a professional and timely manner
- Ensure the correct amounts of products are ordered for the capacity of the lodge
- Oversee customer relations
- Responsible for training and monitoring employees to ensure Health and Safety procedures are being followed
- Conduct daily safety meetings with all staff
- Sets excellent customer service and work examples
- Actively involved in ensuring they are following safe and sound procedures and are adhering to government regulations as well as ATCO Frontec Health and Safety, policies and procedures.
- Various other duties as assigned by management from time to time
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar Chef Manager role, overseeing departments - kitchen, housekeeping, maintenance - an asset.
- The successful candidate should hold their Culinary Red Seal.
- Professional communication skills, oral and written.
- Capable of performing administrative tasks
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
We would like to thank everyone for their application; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Final candidates will be required to undergo a Security Clearance Check.
This position has been identified as safety sensitive and will require completion of a pre-employment alcohol & drug test.
Collection, use, and retention of personal information will be in accordance with ATCO Group privacy policies and practices.
By submitting your resume and personal information to the ATCO Group of Companies, and/or participating in a personal interview, you acknowledge and consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information by the ATCO Group of Companies to determine your suitability for employment opportunities within the ATCO Group of Companies.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
Expected start date: 2022-08-01