Job Title: Family Physician
Job Family: Family Physician
Job Level (Status): Contract 0.8 FTE
Location: Copeman Healthcare - Edmonton Centre - Suite 700 - 10216 124 Street, Edmonton, AB
Join our team
Copeman is looking for a Family Physician - Contract Opportunity (0.8 FTE) - to support our Edmonton Centre. We also are open to working with individuals that are interested in any of our sites, including Calgary, North Vancouver and Vancouver and soon to be South Surrey clinic in 2021.
Copeman Healthcare consists of a group of private, multidisciplinary clinics with clinics in British Columbia and Alberta. As there are often misconceptions about our funding and care delivery model, we would like to take this opportunity to address them.
- We are deeply committed to the public health system in Canada. We are one of very few clinics that actively research clinical delivery models to provide the best outcomes in the most cost effective manner – and by utilizing non-physician professional staff to the greatest extent possible. The work we do in this area is probably as important as any being done in primary health care and we believe we will someday be recognized as leaders in helping avert a very real crisis that is unfolding in primary health care.
- Our specialty is preventive health care. Our belief is that this is the key to an affordable, high quality health system. Our vision of true preventive health care is therapeutic lifestyle change using a multi-disciplinary approach. Our clinic is staffed with registered dietitians, kinesiologists, psychologists, neuropsychologists, physiotherapists, registered nurses, nurse practitioners and diagnostic technicians. In addition to driving primary prevention programs, our inter-professional teams also support physicians in delivering care for secondary prevention/chronic disease management. Examples would be our hypertension, metabolic syndrome and diabetic programs.
- We are no more of a “private” clinic than any other clinic. Our revenues come from a blend of public and private funds as in any clinic.
- We are not a clinic for the “worried well” – or only for the wealthy. We have a wonderful roster of clients, many of whom have complex medical issues. They have one thing in common – a commitment to prevention & being healthy and well.
Here are some specifics about the practice opportunity so that you can determine right away whether this opportunity could fit into your professional and personal plans:
- The positions we are looking for are “full time and part time”. (Monday – Friday). The work day is generally 8:00am – 5:00pm.
- Your patient roster would be approximately 500 patients. The goal is for you to have no more than 10 -12 appointments per day on average so you can deliver the highest quality medical care possible, with ample time for team collaboration and research.
- You will be assigned a shared full-time Medical Office Assistant (MOA) which we term “Clinical Care Coordinator” in our facilities.
- The facilities are 100 percent computerized, using technologies both acquired and built in-house. We have a staff of full time information technology professionals. You should be completely comfortable with EMR systems.
- You will be totally free from the pressures of administration, finance and the clock so you can focus on great medicine. We practice what we preach, so we want everyone to go home “unburdened” to their family and friends when the clinic closes.
You are the missing piece of the puzzle
Experience / Knowledge:
- Minimum of 2 years in Primary Care setting
- Chronic disease managment an asset
- Working within a multidisciplinary and collaborative team an asset
Skills and Abilities:
- Examine patients and take their histories, order laboratory tests, X-rays and other diagnostic procedures
- Consult with other medical practitioners to evaluate patients' health
- Prescribe and administer medications and treatments
- Inoculate and vaccinate patients
- Advise patients on health care
- Report births, deaths, contagious and other diseases
- Communicate health promotion/disease prevention to patients
- Perform patient advocacy role
- Manage patient care and actively collaborate with a team of inter-professionals
- Computer competency and familiarity with an EMR - MedAccess
Professional / Designation Certification:
- Candidates must be registered or eligible with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta and/or British Columbia
- Doctorate in Medicine
- Registered with CMPA
Working Conditions / Physical Requirements:
- You will be working in a multi-disciplinary setting. Typical office hours throughtout weedays only, however, some flexibility may be required to accommodate service requirements for the operation to extend outside of standard business hours during these days.
- You will be working in an office environment, which may require extended period of time completing computer related work.
Who is Copeman?
At Copeman, we are a team of individuals committed to helping people achieve greater longevity and quality of life through physical, psychological and brain health. We have created a culture based on mutual respect and professionalism and we strive to live our values on a daily basis. We are looking for enthusiastic, customer service minded individuals who want to work in a collaborative, friendly and supportive environment.
Copeman is proud to foster an inclusive culture that embraces diversity. We are committed to fair employment practices and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities, as required, during the recruitment process. Please let the recruitment team know of any accommodation requirement at the beginning of the process.
Please note that we are exclusively recruiting people who can work legally in Canada.
If you meet the qualifications and feel you can help achieve excellence in the quality of care we provide, we would be very interested in talking to you. Please submit your resume and cover letter on our website, www.copemanhealthcare.com, under the About Us/Careers tab.
Reference ID: 3854
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, we will only contact with those selected for an interview.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
- Primary Care: 2 years (Preferred)
- Doctoral Degree (Preferred)
- College of Physician of AB (Preferred)