Organization: Plan International Canada
Reports to: Manager, Digital Marketing
Location: Toronto (Mount Pleasant & Eglinton)
Status: Permanent, Full-time
Contact Level: B
What can you expect from joining a leading organization in the global movement to advance children’s rights and equality for girls?
An inspiring team of intelligent disruptors that challenges themselves to Defy Normal – to be bold, insightful, focused and innovative.
We are one of Canada’s Most Admired Cultures and here’s why: together, we have created a climate of trust and inclusivity – where diversity in people, ideas and approaches is not only respected, it’s encouraged. We are empowered to command change and build powerful partnerships, with support from passionate leaders to unleash our full potential and learn, lead, decide and thrive.
Further information can be found at: plancanada.ca
- Responsible for coordinating and executing acquisition programs through various online channels and platforms that drive revenue, acquire new donors, build brand awareness and generate leads
- Apply a deep understanding of digital marketing best practices and new/upcoming marketing trends to our online acquisition efforts
- Support a profitable acquisition strategy by helping our agency optimize existing channels, and finding new, innovative ways to break through the digital marketplace
- Work with internal web stakeholders to build, test, track and optimize our landing page for optimal User Experience for prospects and donors
- Develop and/or help develop campaign narratives, creative and copy
- Work closely with our external digital agency to ensure all projects and deliverables remain on-time and are both setup and executed successfully
- Leverage both digital marketing and project management best practices
- Analyze user behavior data, extracting insights and recommending tactical optimizations
- Understand the vendor payment process and efficiently managing vendor invoices
- Maintain oversight across a variety of channels including Search Engine Marketing, Display, Paid Social, various lead generation initiatives, web enhancements to support our e-Commerce platform and web analytics
What does success look like?
- A proven and ongoing grasp on the digital marketing landscape, including what works best in the fundraising space and emerging strategies/technologies
- Contribute to the successful development and growth of our paid online acquisition programs through SEM, Display, Paid Social and other paid initiatives
- Assist with the planning and executing of digital campaigns, including building briefs for the successful setup of projects
- Monitor campaign performance, including development and management of Key Performance Indicator dashboards, measuring actions, identifying opportunities and risks, recommending and implementing solutions based on insights
- Developing marketing web enhancements/requirements to support acquisition initiatives, including landing page recommendations, creative assets and our Gifts of Hope e-Store
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders in other departments to assist in developing their acquisition, awareness or lead generation campaigns
- Building a strong relationship with external vendors and agencies, as well as internal stakeholders
- Understand the brand persona of Plan and helping build a marketing message that effectively conveys our work to new and existing audiences
As our ideal candidate you will have:
- Successful track record in online marketing with a strong background in online acquisition platforms including paid social, display, paid search and others
- Experience in cause marketing/the not-for-profit digital marketing landscape
- Demonstrable experience with analytics reporting and analysis
- Familiarity with data measurement, competitor analysis, and other relevant tools (Google Analytics, SEM Rush, Crazy Egg, etc.)
- A strong ability to stay organized and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively, depending on what the project requires
- Excellent communication, both oral and written
- Preference for experience in full-funnel marketing, remarketing and conversion tracking
- Experience in graphic design and/or video content development is a strong asset
- Bilingual (French) considered an asset
- Personal values consistent with those of Plan International Canada’s organizational values
How to apply:
To express interest in this exciting opportunity to join a dynamic organization and a high performing team, please forward your resume and cover letter by March 24, 2020. Please reference Specialist, Digital Marketing in the subject line.
Plan International Canada is an inclusive workplace, and is committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
Consistent with our Safeguarding Children and Young People Policy, the successful candidate must receive clearance by a police background check, including the vulnerable sector screen.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada for the duration of the work term. Proof of eligibility will be required.
Plan International Canada sincerely thanks all applicants for their expressed interest in this opportunity however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Thank you for your interest in a career at Plan International Canada!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent