Irwin's Safety is an IMC managed company that provides the highest standard of full cycle risk management services throughout Western Canada. Management at Irwin’s Safety & Industrial Labor has extensive experience in power generation and large industrial projects, specializing in confined space, first aid, safety consulting/coordination and rescue services.
Our employees inspire and foster a culture of safety and well-being in all our endeavors. We are industry leaders in occupational health and safety as well as environmental services. Our success is measured through superior performance indicators, customer satisfaction and employee engagement.
Currently, we are looking for a an experienced professional to fulfill the role of General Manager -Training to join our expanding team. The successful applicant will be responsible for; managing and overseeing all aspects of the Training Centre including human and financial resources, procurement, program quality management. Establishing Training Centre strategies and initiatives and ensuring training program quality and compliance with all legal, regulatory, and accreditation requirements.
The GM will also be responsible for preparing business plans that support the effective operation of the training centre and fostering excellent working relationships with customers and stakeholders including industry, First Nations, training institutes, vendors and supplies.
- Prepare business strategies and plans for growth.
- Collaborate with external and internal stakeholders to develop new and supporting initiatives.
- Develop and oversee operational plans, project proposals, and budgets.
- Establish and execute evaluation and continuous improvement framework.
- Establish policies and processes.
- Oversee daily operations
- Provide solutions to issues and challenges.
- Attract and retain staff and contractors.
- Plan and implement onboarding, training, and ongoing professional development initiatives.
- Provide leadership and supervision. Ensure employee and contractor productivity.
- Manage employee and contractor performance. Provide solutions to conflict.
- Evaluate and improve operational performance
- Ensure compliance with OHS policies and procedures.
- Establish and monitor budgets, cashflow, and forecasts.
- Establish and monitor product and service price structure.
- Establish targets for revenue growth.
- Provide solutions to profit decline and/or loss of business to competitors.
- Optimize expenses and ensure financial performance and revenue targets.
- Identify opportunities for cost savings and revenue growth.
- Procure and oversee agreements with customers, service providers, and vendors
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years proven experience in a senior level management role.
- Education and experience in Business, Industrial Safety, Operations Management, Human Resources/Workforce Development, Training Development.
- Demonstrated knowledge of business process and functions: finance, HR, operations, procurement, public relations.
- Experience in grant writing and obtaining funding
- Leadership and business acumen: proactive insight, confident decision making, interpersonal skills, creativity, ethics and integrity.
- Commitment to superior product and service quality
- Strong presentation and public speaking abilities
- Ability to take initiative and be successful in a self-directed environment
- Strong verbal, listening and written communication skills
- Proven ability to foster mentoring relationships
- Ability to create momentum and champion change within the organization
- Demonstrated knowledge of labour market and economic opportunities, local Indigenous communities, and Industry partners.
- Demonstrated technical skills including mobile and web apps, MS Office, databases.
Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
To be considered for this position, please complete our on-line application by clicking on the link below:
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 to $90,000.00 /year
- training development: 3 years (Preferred)
- grant and funding: 3 years (Preferred)
- senior level management: 5 years (Preferred)