One of Canada’s top tier, full-service law firms is looking to hire a full-time Legal Assistant - Float. This is an excellent way to become an integral part of a high functioning team.
- Preparation of legal documents
- Drafting letters
- Opening and closing files
- Client correspondence
- Booking appointments, billing and filing
- Maintenance of trial binders and limitation system
- Prepare detailed follow up information for the legal assistant to ensure a smooth transition upon legal assistant’s return to work.
Key Qualifications and Education:
- Post-secondary diploma or certificate from an accredited legal assistant program. A successful career history in the role of a legal assistant will also be considered
- Minimum 1 - 4 years of legal assistant experience
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint as well as document management systems
- Is a strong team player with a positive work ethic and attitude
- Demonstrates strong time management and organizational skills
- Possesses exceptional customer service skills both internally and externally
- Maintains professionalism, confidentiality and discretion
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Is highly motivated, self-directed and detail-oriented
- Is able to handle multiple tasks efficiently and work well independently with little supervision
At Urban Legal Recruitment we guarantee discretion and confidentiality.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. For more opportunities please visit our website www.urbanlegal.ca
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- legal assistant: 1 year (Required)