Over 900,000 passengers rely on Coast Mountain Bus Company every day to get them to work, school and all of the activities that make life on the Lower Mainland so rich and exciting. Our more than 5,400 dedicated employees keep the buses, the people and in so many ways the vibrant pace of this city moving.
Develops, coordinates and maintains performance measures throughout the organization ensuring alignment with divisional goals and objectives, including preparing quarterly reports to the Board of Directors and TransLink. Prepares a variety of analysis and reports to provide accurate and up-to-date information for informed senior management decision making. Provides guidance in Key Performance Indicators (KPI) monitoring and reporting.
- Provides support related to corporate performance measures ensuring alignment with divisional goals and objectives and carries out analysis related to variances in corporate performance measures, recommending best practices to the senior management for problem areas. Assist in providing in-depth analysis and recommendations for senior management decision making.
- Establishes and maintains a quality assurance process which ensures accuracy and completeness of performance measurement data while also ensuring compliance with company’s standards, policies, processes, regulatory and other related requirements.
- Liaises with various departments to develop and prepare dashboards and periodic reports focused on various corporate performance measures and KPIs and improvements across all functions. Assists in requirements gathering, target setting, report design, delivery and documentation.
- Creates and maintains data dashboards/reports to ensure users have the information they need to manage their business and make decisions and improve service and efficiency. Leverages available benchmarking resources for best practices and provides comparable performance measures from other transit agencies and business enterprises to the concerned stakeholders towards informed decision making.
- Prepares quarterly reports for the Board of Directors and TransLink to be reviewed by manager, indicating performance compared to targets and the previous year(s), and rationale for variances. Prepares ad hoc reports, presentation materials related to performance measurement, and research latest trends, best practices and other related data as assigned.
- Identifies business process improvement opportunities across the organization and assist in supporting the development and implementation of a culture of continuous improvement. Participates in corporate business planning and initiatives as needed.
Education and Experience:
The requirements for this job are acquired through completion of a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Statistical Analysis or other relevant business-related fields plus four (4) years of experience in performance reporting functions or equivalent
Solid knowledge of concepts, principles, practices and techniques pertaining to all aspects of performance measures, benchmarking, balanced scorecards and dashboards
Strong analytical, problem solving and judgment skills to be able to interpret data and identify, diagnose, and resolve KPI related issues
Excellent knowledge of office software including spreadsheet and data management systems
Strong time management, organization, verbal and written communication skills
Ability to multi-task, manage multiple priorities and work in a rapidly changing and dynamic environment with limited supervision
Strong relationship management skills and ability to work across multidisciplinary teams and management levels
capable of listening and interpreting stakeholder feedback to understand business processes and identify business issues/objectives
Experience in process improvement or lean methodologies would be considered an asset
Advanced knowledge of Business Intelligence tools would be considered an asset.
An applicant will be required to demonstrate their suitability for this position by meeting the minimum level of qualifications and experience in order to be invited into the selection process. A standard interview format will be used including general, scenario and behavioural descriptive interview questions.
37.5 hours per week.
Rate of Pay
Salary starting at $67,220 per annum.
How to Apply
Please click the 'Apply' button at the top right corner or go to https://www.translink.ca/About-Us/Careers.aspx to apply for this position and view instructions on the process.
Please save your (1) cover letter, and your (2) resume as one pdf document prior to uploading your application on-line.
February 12, 2020
Open until filled
Please note that only those short listed will be contacted.
Having trouble applying? Please view the System Requirements & FAQ's by going to http://www.translink.ca/careers.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive workforce that is free of all forms of discrimination. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds, skills and perspectives.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email us at jobs@TransLink.ca.