RESEARCH INSTITUTE OF THE MUHC
The Research Institute of the McGill University Health Centre (RI-MUHC) is a world-renowned biomedical and hospital research centre. Located in Montreal, Quebec, the Institute is the research arm of the McGill University Health Centre (MUHC) affiliated with the Faculty of Medicine at McGill University. The RI-MUHC is supported in part by the Fonds de recherche du Québec - Santé (FRQS).
Under the direct supervision of the Program Leader, the Program Manager will facilitate all aspects of the activities of the research program, including financial, scientific and administrative. The Program Manager will also liaise with the Business Development office to explore/evaluate nontraditional funding opportunities, team grants, industry outreach, etc. The Program Manager will act as the day-to-day facilitator between the Program Leadership, the Programs’ members and their research teams, and RI-MUHC administration including Business Development.
- Facilitates all aspects of the activities of the research program including: financial, scientific and administrative,
- Facilitates the implementation of the Program’s research goals through team meetings, internal committees and research seminars,
- Provides strategic advice to the Program Leader regarding the development, planning and implementation of projects that will support the goals and priorities of the Program,
- Plays a lead role in the preparation of the Program’s major funding requests (e.g. CFI, CIHR and other team grants),
- Develops collaborative partnerships across various research constituencies within the Research Program, including research teams, investigators and external collaborators,
- Coordinates on an annual basis with the Business Development office, the needs of programs for seminar series, etc. and approaching external private sources on a concerted/strategic rather than ad hoc basis,
- Ensure knowledge transfer from Business Development office in an effort to increase the number of high quality applications being submitted per program,
- Oversees internal and external communications and reporting activities including finances, grants, policies, key performance metrics,
- Responsible for scheduling the Program’s Space Committee meetings to ensure discussions and timely follow up regarding physical space needs for existing members and new recruits,
- Collaborates with senior management staff on special projects as assigned,
- Performs other duties as required or assigned by the Program Leader.
Website of the organization
Education / Experience
- PhD degree with direct work experience in health science research,
- Experience in administration considered an asset,
- Experience with staff supervision and budget oversight considered an asset,
- Knowledge of complex scientific and analytical procedures and experiments,
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills,
- Strong writing skills with prior publications in peer-reviewed journals,
- French and English - spoken and written,
- Problem assessment and problem solving abilities,
- Information gathering and information monitoring,
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently or with teams with minimum direction and/or supervision.
Pay Scale :
Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Work Shift :
from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Mondays to Fridays
Work Site :
To learn more about our benefits, please visit https://rimuhc.ca/reasons-to-work-at-the-ri-muhc
THIS IS NOT A HOSPITAL POSITION.
The masculine gender has been used for brevity and includes the feminine gender.
Equal Opportunity Employment Program
Le CUSM applique un programme d’accès à l’égalité en emploi et invite les femmes, les Autochtones, les minorités visibles, les minorités ethniques et les personnes handicapées à présenter leur candidature. Des mesures d’adaptation peuvent être offertes aux personnes handicapées qui en font la demande en fonction de leurs besoins.