Incredible opportunity for an up and coming leader looking for an opportunity to take their career to the next level. We are looking for a General Manager with the opportunity to become an Operating Partner in Fort St. John, BC! This is an exciting chance to work with the fastest-growing full-service restaurant company in Canada. As we launch and evolve our new concept, Browns Crafthouse, we are looking for an entrepreneurially-minded manager who can lead and grow a business. We want to find that special leader who can build a team, connect with the community and promote quality and consistency of service. This person will be responsible for creating a culture of success and fostering a positive and energetic work environment. This could be your first step toward owning your own business!
- Be an active member of the community to attract the best talent and engage the guests in the community;
- Manage all aspects of the business relating to revenue and profitability;
- Take an active role in service during operating hours;
- Uphold our commitment to quality in service and brand standards with ongoing staff training;
- Maintain daily communication for food, wine and beverage details as they relate to service;
- Create a work environment where staff development and a job well done is recognized;
- Thorough dedication to product knowledge through participation in seminars and tastings;
- Accurately report all costs, meeting or exceeding all budgets;
- Create and maintain accurate P&L statements;
- Meet labour targets, balance daily cash, train staff, and conduct pre-shift meetings;
- Portfolio management, which may include bar inventory and ordering, staff scheduling and hiring;
- Increase check average, annual restaurant sales, and overall profitability;
- Develop and maintain regular clientele, building relationships with the local guest community.
Desired Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- At least 5 years' management experience in the restaurant industry, planning, coordinating and managing all aspects of the operation; upscale-casual experience a bonus;
- Solid understanding of finances, P&L’s, income statements and cash flow or strong foundation to learn from;
- Current First Aid, Serving it Right and Food Safe Certification;
- Day to day business acumen; casual upscale restaurant referred;
- Action-oriented; you are quick and adaptive in your approach to solving problems;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, attention to detail, and oral/written communication skills;
- Strong dedication to the highest quality service standards;
- Natural talent to train and coach effectively, executing to deliver an outstanding guest experience;
- Demonstrated passion for food, beverage and all things related to the restaurant industry;
- Ability to build and foster professional relationships.
Compensation: Base Management fee will be commensurate with the industry standard. Profit-sharing based on a percentage of PBF (Profit Before Fixed). Opportunity for equity for the right operator.
Interested candidates should forward a current resume and cover letter to the HR & Recruitment Specialist.
We thank all candidates for applying; however, we will only contact those we intend to interview.
Job Type: Full-time
- restaurant management: 3 years (Required)
- Fort St. John, BC (Preferred)