Barr Picard Law is a mid-size (16 lawyers) downtown firm. Our office provides general legal services including Civil Litigation, Family Law, Wills and Estate, Real Estate, Corporate, and Criminal Law.
We are currently recruiting a legal assistant/paralegal for litigation lawyers:
· Drafting, editing and proofreading legal documents, dictation, drafting letters, client correspondence
· File organization and management: ensuring physical and electronic files correspond, diarize the file
· Provide administrative assistance and general office duties
· Prioritizing workflow to be able to complete tasks within timeline
· Any other related duties, as required.
· Post-secondary education (no prior experience in law is necessary).
· Proficient with computers, particularly Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Demonstrates a high level of professionalism, confidentiality and discretion
· Highly organized and able to prioritize workload
· Excellent attention to detail
· Strong team player; demonstration of a positive work ethic
· Ability to multi-task and handle a fast-paced work environment
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent