Join our team!
We are seeking to add to the team a Grant and Proposal Writer. Working under the general guidance of the CEO, you will lead the procurement process and develop proposals and grant applications. The Writer will work with internal and external partners of a2z to ensure accurate, detailed and concise proposals are written, edited, formatted, revised, submitted, tracked, and monitored in an appropriate manner to ensure continual pipeline of opportunities.
With multiple projects on your plate at any given time, you can expect to be doing something different every day. You are an experienced proposal writer, who is dynamic, and able to make inferences from RFPs, EOIs and Grant requirements and convey the unique and exceptional services a2z offers. You have proven experience winning proposals and receiving grant funding for organizations.
- Prepare proposals by gathering and formatting the required information, writing the drafts, and securing internal approvals;
- Determine proposal strategy by assessing, identifying and clarifying opportunities and prospect business needs;
- Edit and review content with meticulous attention to grammar, punctuation, style, tone, and consistency of reports and other written materials;
- Collaborate with the a2z team and clients, as required;
- Multi-task, establish priorities, and coordinate a schedule for researching, drafting, revising, and submitting of proposals, reports and other documents;
- Meet proposal deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for each step in the proposal preparation process, communicating critical status milestones to contributors and transmitting on-time proposals;
- Coordinate and liaise with senior consultants on the team to secure required information, reviews and signatures;
- Draft or edit briefing notes, power points, reports or other documents;
- Provide updates on the submission and target deadlines; and
- Other related duties as required from time to time.
Studies and Experience Requirement
- Degree in Communications, English, Business, Social Sciences, or, a related field.
- Minimum 2-years experience writing proposals and evidence of winning proposals.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Independent, focused and work quickly.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $30.00 to $40.00 /hour
- Proposal or grant writing: 2 years (Required)
- proposal and or grant writer: 2 years (Required)