Sr. Engineering Specialist - Mechanical Design-MON16690
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
In your role, you will:
- Collaborate with the Section Chief / Supervisor, participate in planning and coordinating the work of the Mechanical Design Team.
- Become the technical authority for the mechanical engineering department
- Analyze technical problems, development solutions and implementation technologies in an industrial context (aeronautical experience an asset).
- Provide technical support for all aspects of mechanical systems and equipment, including the creation of drawings and designs, as well as the elaboration of detailed technical specifications for the fabrication, construction, installation and maintenance of complex mechanical systems and equipment.
- Perform analytical calculations, prototyping and validation of new concepts.
- Evaluate technical information provided by contractors, manufacturers and suppliers and provide expertise in order to evaluate the cost-benefit analysis of bids and proposals.
- Stay abreast of current methods, technologies and engineering breakthroughs as well as manufacturing processes.
- Collaborate with the BAEX Principal Engineering Specialist, develop the technical vision of mechanical engineering team and contribute to enriching the knowledge community base.
- Provide support coaching, mentoring and training of new members of the team.
- Work in collaboration with the experimental shop.
As our ideal candidate,
- You have a degree in Mechanical Engineering with 10 years or more of experience in a similar position.
- You have practical experience in the design, development and implementation of various technologies in the fields of structures, fluids and system dynamics.
- You possess excellent knowledge of CATIA modeling software.
- You are hands-on type, are versatile, efficient and demonstrate great flexibility.
- You possess knowledge of RFPs, bid evaluations and supplier management.
- You possess knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic systems and their controls.
- You possess knowledge of metal and plastic parts manufacturing processes.
- You are dynamic, a good listener and are a team player.
- You are well organized and have a good sense of priorities.
- You have exceptional relational and editorial skills in both English and French.
- You are familiar with Microsoft Office software such as PowerPoint, Excel and MS Project.
- You are Membre of the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec (OIQ).
Bombardier is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
CA-QC-Montreal St. Laurent
23.10.2019, 3:47:02 PM