As the Wealth Manager for Momentum Credit Union, this person will be the lead responsible in developing, implementing and supporting initiatives to meet full life-cycle financial planning to members across Southern Ontario. This person will lead the licensed branch staff and those that service the investment functions and will develop relationships with branch and call centre staff to promote effective referrals procedures to ensure that all members receive the best possible service in their investing needs. As a mobile position, this position will be able to take advantage of each branch location to meet with members and as such will require a reliable vehicle.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Lead and coach current and future licensed mutual fund sales staff, guidance and advice to staff in dealing with members’ investment needs.
- Provides planful, proactive investment services and solutions to members currently with investment portfolios and those new to investing.
- Provides complete life-cycle investment planning from school to retirement and estate planning.
- Collaborates with members on an ongoing basis to understand their unique needs and provide solution-oriented recommendations to meet and proactively address their needs
- Pro-actively books appointments to meet with members
- Meets with members and develops trust-based relationship with them
- Educates members on the features and benefits of the broad range of registered and non-registered investment products and services in a standardized suite of investment services, and demonstrates how they support members’ objectives
- Advises members on the principles of risk, reward and value
- Interprets policies, guidelines and precedents to determine optimal high-level member investment plans
- Acquires and inputs relevant information into Financial Planning software and Risk Tolerance Questionnaire, understands and completes all Know Your Client requirements to ensure the best financial plans are put into place for each member.
- Provides comprehensive financial planning services, including: budgeting, investing, tax planning, retirement planning, estate planning, risk management and debt management
- Applies MFDA regulatory requirements (Mutual Fund Dealer Compliance) to job activities
- Maintains mutual fund files in accordance with compliance requirements.
- Facilitates trades and transfers
- Implement action plans to ensure growth in the wealth management area through referrals from branch staff, prospecting of our existing membership base and analysis of business being transferred out of the Credit Union.
- Develop a working relationship with staff with respect to member referrals by identifying member needs, scheduling of appointments, sales and service referrals.
- Participates in a team approach and accountability framework to manage the Credit Union’s investment portfolio and exceed the members expectations to advance the objective of being primary provider of financial services.
- Develop a relationship with members and prospects through referrals (also by solicitation calls), community involvement and through the provision of educational seminars to members.
- Provide strategic advice to support leadership in the development of short and long term planning to grow the investment portfolio of MCU including being a part of the annual budgeting process and the creation and implementation of new products and services.
- Be an active part of community events to support the growth of MCU as a Credit Union and in the area of investing.
- All other duties as assigned.
- University degree in a related field
- CFP with 8-10 years experience
- IFIC or CSC license with 5 years experience selling mutual funds
- Demonstrated knowledge of all pertinent legislation and regulation including AML, KYC
Please note that only those being interviewed will be contacted. Momentum Credit Union is committed to creating an inclusive and respectful workplace. If you require an accommodation during the recruitment process, please make these arrangements while scheduling your interview.
Job Type: Full-time
- selling mutual funds: 5 years (Preferred)