Limitations live only in our minds. If we use our imaginations, our possibilities become limitless. - Jamie Paolinetti
You can help students become limitless as a Tutor Mentor with TutorBright!
Are you looking to make a difference in the lives of students and help them reach their potential?
Do you have a passion for mentorship and making learning fun? If so, TutorBright is
the place for you!
At TutorBright, we are an Education Company that strives to help each student reach
their potential. The goal of our Tutor-Mentors is to create a safe and positive learning
environment that is engaging and fun. We provide a one-on-one in-home tutoring
experience that gives you the opportunity to make this happen.
Right now, we are in need of:
We are looking for in-home (an extra $10/hour to cover travel time) and online Tutor-Mentors to help students in the Baden area of Waterloo Region.
We also hire continually across the Waterloo Region for Tutor-Mentors with expertise in any of the following areas:
- Early skills (Pre-school/JK/SK to grade 3)
- Special needs/exceptionalities (ADHD, learning disorders, autism, etc.)
- Elementary subjects (1-8 Math and English)
- High school Math and Science
- High school English / Essay Writing
- All levels of French
- Opportunities to learn, grow, and gain teaching experience where you are changing the lives and the future of our youth
- A part-time position with highly flexible hours - YOU decide how many hours you work, and when! Typically anywhere from 2-20 hours weekly, with peak times between 3 pm - 9 pm on weekdays (and potentially weekends if you want).
- Full support from the TutorBright team, including specially developed resources for your students.
What you bring: Minimum of a Bachelor's degree*(or equivalent). Bachelor of Education an asset.
- Previous experience working with youth in a mentorship role, such as experience as a teacher, instructor, educator, or tutor, work within the education field, or experience in camp counselling or another youth programming
- Access to a vehicle is a must to travel to students' homes (taking public transportation is not feasible within Waterloo Region. Required to travel up to 15km from your home)
- Current or willingness to get a vulnerable sector police check
- The ability to commit to students until June 2023 (for the duration of the current school year)
Please include in your application: * Cover letter stating why you'd be a great addition to the TutorBright team
- The details on which subjects/grades you're best suited to work with
- Your postal code.
Join our team and our mission to change the world through education, one student at a time!
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $20.00-$24.00 per hour
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- childcare, coaching, tutoring, mentoring: 2 years (preferred)