Looking for an opportunity to join a great company whose core purpose is to power the visionaries of this world by delivering them cutting edge infrastructure technology solutions that are tailored to their needs, quickly, reliably and cost efficiently.
As a cutting-edge Montreal-based technology company, Hypertec is a global provider of information technology products and services. Its strategic divisions serve more than 3,000 customers in over 70 countries. Its solutions are employed by organizations from small to large in sectors including cloud providers, media and entertainment, financial services, aerospace, engineering, healthcare, government and education.
To keep up with our rapid growth, we are looking for a Vice-President of Engineering to join our growing team, all while being a leading example of our company culture.
- Provide leadership, direction and management of the Engineering, Lab & Testing, Project management and New product integration teams;
- Drive the strategy to recruit high performing electrical, mechanical and system engineers + technology experts;
- Build a high-functioning organization that delivers high-quality products; ensure timely delivery and manage stakeholder expectations;
- Be a technical thought leader and effectively convey technical strategy to various functions within the organization;
- Drive accountability with clear goals and objectives, and evaluate, evolve, and scale the team to meat product quality demands;
- Working in close concert with the Senior Director, Research, Development and Engineering, understand and advance the strategic product direction for the company;
- Reach into the R&D and Engineering organizations, as needed, to bring forth groundbreaking, innovative products or product characteristics in a timely manner;
- Analyze changes for future upgrades; planning efforts for addressing the obsolescence of hardware, firmware and software; and identifying performance improvements and maintenance savings;
- Liaise with Solution Engineering team to understand customer requirements and needs and adapt product offering.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (MBA degree is an asset);
- 10 + years’ experience leading cross functional teams;
- Exceptional architecture abilities and experience building scalable systems;
- Track record in recruiting to build incredible technology teams;
- Actively coached and mentored both individual contributors and leads in their careers;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Familiar with system engineering concepts, standards, processes and methodologies;
- Excellent comprehension of current Server, Storage and Networking Technologies;
- Working knowledge of SolidWorks, Pro Engineer, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Project;
- Experience managing and developing products with highly defined customer technical requirements and governing technical standards;
- Continuous improvement mindset;
- Able to travel to customer’s job sites within Canada and the U.S.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A dynamic and collaborative work environment
- Competitive compensation package
- On-site cafeteria
- Free access to our 24/7, fully equipped gym + trainer
- BBQ, theme days and other employee engagement events
- Career advancement opportunities
Are you up for the challenge? Apply Now
Hypertec is an equal opportunity employer.
Hypertec evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability status or any other legally protected characteristic.
- Extended health care
- Disability insurance
- Vacation & paid time off
- Casual dress
- On-site parking
- Life insurance
- Dental care
- Company events & social hours
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent