Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us.
The Claims field adjuster is responsible for the client relationship which includes the investigation, evaluation and timely resolution of intermediate claims within their area of focus and authority. Using intermediate knowledge handles intermediate claims with moderate risk level that can typically be resolved in 2 to 12 months. Required to meet clients/witness etc. in the field to obtain statements and/or negotiate claims. This role contributes to the legendary customer experience by collaborating with internal and external partners while valuing speed and accuracy. The Claims field adjuster leverages the Claims Resource Team in the investigation and assessment of claims and applies their technical knowledge to ensure all claims are appropriately reserved and resolved while mitigatingrisks and escalation.
- Meet or exceed the needs of the customer by adjusting claims in accordance to policy coverage with accuracy and speed.
- Pro-actively work collaboratively with internal and external partners to ensure a legendary customer experience in all interactions.
- Appropriately leverage external vendors, approved and non-approved
- Share knowledge, expertise and provide advise to colleagues in order to recommend additional services/support/resources to thecustomer, where necessary.
- Ensure customer problems are handled appropriately and escalating issues when necessary.
Develop and Manage the Team/Teamwork
- Contribute to a positive working environment
- Demonstrate flexibility to be able to change activities based on customer and business needs
- Actively participate in the performance management process
- Meet professional/personal development objectives by utilizing learning maps and external courses as required
- Engage in and complete all internal training required for the role
- Actively participate in regular meetings
- Actively participate and/or lead peer coaching and training
- Provide guidance and technical support to colleagues
- Contribute to the achievement of business objectives by meeting or exceeding individual and team goals
- Assess and mitigate risks and escalate as required
- Ensure accurate and timely reserving of claims
Internal Practices and Processes
- Contribute to the business objective for Operational Excellence by adhering to mandatory compliance and audit requirements
- Understand and apply business operation policies and procedures and legislation
- Be knowledgeable of and comply with company and industry codes of conduct
- Ensure necessary due diligence to support the accuracy of all insurance claims
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Customer Needs & Advise
Effective Communication Listening, Empathy & Compassion
Home Construction/ Building Material Knowledge/Experience
Provincial licensing as required (license AMF :
Valid driver license
Secondary education or equivalent work experience
Cover Montreal territory
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Insurance Claims Management
Job Category - Primary
50 Boulevard Cremazie West
Apply to job
Send to friend