Job title :
COMMUNITY HEALTH WORKER
EAST SHORE HEALTH CENTRE
Nelson Home Support is seeking casual Community Health Workers to join their team seeing clients on the East Shore! The ideal candidate will have completed a health care assistant program, current registration with the BC Care Aide Registry, and has a passion for providing client-centered care.
As a Community Health Worker, you will work as part of a dynamic team of Nurses and LPNs who support Community Clients’ independence and ability to stay at home. Community Health Workers provide home support services to clients, by assisting with personal care and daily living, while promoting maximum independence. Community Health Workers are key players in the home health care plan for each client.
This is a casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements may vary to a maximum of 40 hours per week depending on the needs of the department. Hours of services range from 07:00 – 23:00 split into day and evening shifts.
Candidates living on the East Shore and with availability to work evening and weekends will be preferred as we have a great need for availability during those times.
Typical duties include:
- Activities of daily personal care, such as bathing, dressing, grooming and oral hygiene
- Household duties related to maintaining a safe and healthy environment in the home
- Meal preparation in accordance with designated plans
- Assistance with mobility and transfers
- Observing and reporting changes in client behaviour and condition
- Performing delegated tasks according with training and procedures
For people with certain health issues, age-related limitations or other disabilities, managing everyday tasks can be challenging. The support that we provide through the Home Support program enables clients to recover or simply remain at home rather than in a hospital or care facility – in many cases our visits can be the highlight of their day!
If you are looking for an opportunity to do meaningful work while joining a great team, the Gordon Road Wellness Centre is the place for you. This position is also eligible for an excellent comprehensive benefits package and pension plan. Apply today!
- Grade 12
- Graduation from a recognized Resident Care Aide/Home Support Worker Program, or an equivalent combination of education, training and relevant experience
- BC Care Aide and Community Health Worker registry (please include your number)
- Current valid BC Drivers’ License and use of a reliable vehicle
- Along with your CV (or resume) please provide a copy of your health care certificate.*