Reporting to the General Manager, Trail Operations, the Manager, Production is responsible for the effective management of the Operations and Production function(s) at Trail Operations.
This is one of various positions reporting to the General Manager, Trail Operations. The other positions are: Manager, Asset Management; Manager, Commercial Services & Public Affairs; Manager, Human Resources; Manager, Environment; Manager, Metallurgy & Technology; Manager, Health, Safety & Risk; Controller, Trail Operations; and Executive Assistant.
Reporting to the Manager, Production are:
Operating Manager, Warfield & Sulphur Products; Operating Manager, Roasting & Zinc Pressure Leach (ZPL); Operating Manager, Electrolytic & Melting (E&M); Operating Manager, Leaching; and Operating Manager, Lead Operations; and Manager, Property Services.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Establish and promote the maintenance and continuous improvement of a safe and healthy working environment through personal commitment to the principles of the Trail Operations Safety and Health Policy and ensure personal compliance with the specific Safety & Health System responsibilities; protect the safety and health of employees by promoting the development and implementation of injury prevention and hygiene programs
- Manage Operations and Production to ensure safe, efficient and profitable business by utilizing all resources available to meet production targets, improve methods, upgrade facilities and reduce costs
- Enhance Teck's competitive position by implementing methods to ensure quality products that meet or exceed customer expectations and by promoting response to customer enquiries
- Ensure environmental management responsibilities are fulfilled by direct reports in their areas of responsibility
- Plan and develop strategies to meet current and long-range business demands by allocating the time and resources to ensure objectives are achieved; work within budgetary constraints and minimize costs
- Conduct functional planning, including decision making on environmental priorities, objectives and targets
- Increase the profitability of the organization by seeking out, assessing and taking advantage of business opportunities
- Interact with other Senior Management to ensure the development and establishment of strategic plans and long-term goals and consistent application of Trail Operations policies
- Adapt a management style and develop an organizational culture that creates trust and credibility within the organization and promotes two-way communications on goals, obstacles and results
- Ensures the identification and execution of various opportunities which aid in the improvement of Trail Operations’ financial performance.
- Responsible for the development of the Operations and Production area(s) annual operating, Non-Routine, and Capital budget
- Ensure a well-trained staff that effectively meets operations' requirements by selecting technically competent personnel and utilizing performance management principles and training resources available
- Interact with union and Human Resources function to ensure an efficient organization
- Performs all other related duties as required
- Professional Engineer or equivalent with Mining, Processing or Maintenance specialization with experience in a minimum of at least two functional roles, and/or equivalent combination of education, industrial experience and smelting, refining, processing, or mining experience
- 10 years of progressively senior level experience in Operations Management
- Excellent financial, strategic planning and organizational abilities with budgeting experience
- Advanced analytical, problem solving, strategic thinking and decision-making abilities
- Respected professional with a proven track record as a strategic leader
- Superior interpersonal, communication and relationship management skills
- Ability to lead team with strategic focus that aligns with Teck’s Global operations
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2019, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the tenth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources”