Connecting Technology, Government and Community for Canada’s Future. A clear reflection of our role and mandate to our members and our nation.
Are you a self-motivated individual with a passion for social and economic innovation? Do you have strong administrative and communication skills, and the ability to think outside the box to develop outreach activities that help promote tools and programs?
TECHNATION (formerly Information Technology Association of Canada (ITAC)) is seeking a full-time Program Coordinator to support Career Ready Program administration and development
TECHNATION is Canada’s national business association representing a diverse membership that is at the forefront of Canada’s digital economy. Our members include some of the largest global tech companies, but also a high number of innovate small and medium sized companies. Talent is the foundation of both Canada’s rapidly expanding ICT sector and of ICT-based innovations and capabilities in every sector of our economy.
5090 Explorer Drive, Suite 510, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, L4W 4T9
There may be an opportunity to work virtually after 3 months.
About Career Ready
As part of the Government of Canada’s Student Work Placement Program (SWPP), the Career Ready Program supports businesses by financing their decision (with wage subsidies) to hire a student for a work-term placement. This in turn creates a rewarding opportunity for the student to apply their learning in real-world settings and puts them on a path to a bright career. This program has been successfully operating for 3 years making an incredible impact in the development of Canada’s future digital workforce.
About the Role
As a Program Coordinator, you are responsible for coordinating the day-to-day administration of the Career Ready wage subsidy program and are integral to maximizing post-secondary institution (PSI), employer and student participation. This role consists of a combination of outreach activities to engage with student and employers to establish Work Integrated Learning (WIL) opportunities, as well as processing (review & approval) of submitted applications. Our team also provides support and coaching to users of our web-based application portal, from beginning to end as needed. You also play a key role in the program improvement process.
This role reports to A/VP, Future Workforce Development and is:
- A fixed term contract
- Start date: April 1st, 2020
- End date: March 1st, 2022
- Full time, 40 hours per week
- Offering competitive wage, comprehensive benefits and telecommute capabilities
- Provide excellent service, advice and coaching to Career Ready applicants and post-secondary institutions
- Maintain the application platform/database of employers and student placements
- Assess and approve applications for funding based on program guidelines and policies
- Collect and present data to inform future improvements to the program, i.e. experiences of stakeholders, key learnings, and recommendations
- Compile and share employer experiences along with their endorsements and program testimonials
- Gather data from the online application system for reporting purposes and run various reports
- Participate in and/or act as an ambassador at related events which take place nationally (some travel required; expenses covered by TECHNATION)
- Other related duties as assigned
Development & Outreach Activities
- Work within our employer partner network to promote the program and where necessary work with employers on identifying needs and matching those with prospective work term opportunities
- Participate in outreach and marketing activities to promote the Career Ready Program to students and employers, as per assigned outreach portfolios
- Promote work-term best practices and Career Ready tools to employers and students in non-coop programs to ensure a quality experience for both
- Monitor and record the quality of the student and employer experiences through regular outreach activities
- Ensure that work placements are of enough quantity, quality, diversity and experience level and meet job spec requirements as per Government contract
- Support Events Specialist in their delivery of program related (student) events
- A completed post-secondary degree or diploma in a relevant discipline
- A minimum of 2 years of progressive relevant and related recent work experience
- Proven marketing/relationship management/sales/communications skills
- Proven customer service orientation (interpersonal) skills
- Good oral and written communication skills for a variety of audiences including students, faculty, administration, employers and the community
- Ability to develop promotional and presentation materials for stakeholders e.g. employers and community
- Outstanding attention to accuracy and detail working cooperatively as a member of a team to meet unit goals and objectives
- Excellent organizational skills including ability to multi-task
- Good judgment and decision-making skills, strong initiative; punctual and reliable
- Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Office Suite (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams), proficiency electronic mail and computerized scheduling
- Knowledge of the following: labour market trends, employability skills, job search and career development techniques and strategies
- Experience coordinating large scale programs
- Knowledge of Work Integrated Learning / Co-operative education models
- French/English bilingual
- Advanced Excel skills
- Demonstrated capacity to utilize and manage a complex database or web platform
What we Offer
TECHNATION is a dynamic and engaging organization with a dynamic team. We manage and lead national events, speaking forums, and educational programs that impact businesses across the country. If you like being involved in leading-edge programs that are going to impact our nation, then TECHNATION is for you! We offer:
Competitive salary and benefit package; and
Paid vacations and holidays.
We are committed to diversity in its workplaces and encourage applications from all visible minority groups, women, Aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities among other self-identified diverse groups. We also provide accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for a disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify us.
To learn more visit www.itactalent.ca/careerready
only applications that include both a cover letter and resume will be reviewed