Come join us and help make a difference in the lives of older adults! As employees at a Verve Senior Living Retirement Residence, our primary goal is to help each person, have a great day, every day! Our employees thrive on collaboration and have a passion for excellence, achieving multiple awards including the Order of Excellence in Quality, from Excellence Canada. As part of our team, the things you do are key to helping us achieve our shared vision of helping seniors live longer, better. Oh, and you’ll also have a lot of fun doing it. Want to join us?
Provides clerical and reception duties, as necessary, for the efficient operation of the office in accordance with the vision, values and standards of Diversicare/ Verve Senior Living.
Has completed a minimum of grade 12. Has proven typing and general office administration skills. Written and verbal fluency in English is required. Has proficient computer skills (i.e. Word and Excel). Has demonstrated excellent leadership skills (i.e. Diversicare/ Verve Senior Living Competencies), multi-tasking skills and the ability to work well independently. Preference given to individuals with 2 years of experience in working with seniors in a similar setting. A resident-oriented individual, whose visions and values align with those of Diversicare.
- Participates in the Verve Quality Improvement (VQI) program.
- Welcomes and greets residents and visitors of the home. Answers and directs telephone calls in a professional and courteous manner. Fields inquiries, including marketing calls, and directs them to the appropriate department in a timely manner.
- Provides clerical support to the management team and other staff (i.e. data entry, minutes, spreadsheets, etc).
- Assists in ordering, maintaining and monitoring of office supplies and/or store inventory. Ensures that all security and office equipment is functioning and if not initiates a corrective action.
- Processes incoming and outgoing mail.
- Records and stores lost property.
- Implements and maintains systems for tracking guest meals, revenues from services, added services and special event revenue.
- Communicates with the Marketing department to ensure a smooth move-in for all residents, which includes welcome packages, resident orientation, allocation of keys, etc. In absence of Marketing staff ensures appointments are booked and tours are given.
- Responsible for communications and public relations with residents, family members, staff and general public. Creates and distributes the daily resident census. Maintains necessary contact lists (i.e. residents, emergency, family members, etc)
- Distributes updates of policies and procedures to all department managers.
- Complies with the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, and Workplace Hazardous Material Information Systems. This includes recognizing health and safety hazards, reporting incidents and/or any changes to resident’s daily life, fulfilling responsibilities under the applicable legislation, as well as participating in in-services and fire drills. Complies with all relevant corporate policies and procedures.
- Completes all required mandatory training/education.
- Contributes to the overall appearance and cleanliness of the home.
- Performs other related tasks as delegated by the Office Manager/ General Manager/ Administrator.
“We accommodate persons with disabilities in the recruitment and hiring process.”
All offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Background Check. We thank all who apply; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Part-time hours: 20 per week
Part-time hours: 20 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $15.00 to $16.00 /hour