Operations and Sales Manager
1020610 AB Ltd O/A PGA is an Agricultural Crop Inputs supplier located in Grimshaw, Alberta. A proud locally owned Canadian company, we are driven to meet the needs of our customers and increase their profitable production. Our entrepreneurial spirit has steadily increased customer demand, putting us in a position to grow our team.
We are currently looking for a full-time Operations and Sales Manager to support the ever expanding growth of our company. Reporting to the President/Owner, the Operations and Sales Manager will be responsible for proactively developing customer relationships and providing knowledgeable services to our existing customer base and as well as the expansion of the customer base. Because we focus very heavily on top quality service, the successful candidate must be able to forward that top service on to our customers.
1020610 AB Ltd O/A PGA can offer the successful candidate a competitive salary and benefit package, vehicle for company business, training and career development opportunities, and an exciting, fast paced and fun environment to work in.
· Manage the daily business functions including training, development and support of all employees. Lead and direct the staff in all aspects of the business
· Develop and expand the current customer base.
· Strategically lead sales in support of branch goals.
· Analyze sales reports, profit and loss statements and report and discuss findings with the President/Owner.
· Stay abreast of competitive activity, products and best practices in the customers business that will affect current and future needs.
· Provide a long-term, relationship solutions-based approach to all clients.
· Communicate with other staff and customers
· Help our customers become more profitable in their production practices and more sustainable for the future
· Be able to offer new ideas and perspectives while listening to what our customers’ needs are and what they are saying
· Be able to demonstrate and execute a wide variety of agronomic services to our customers including:
· Crop planning management
· Weed, disease, and insect identification and management
· Harvesting recommendations
· Consult with growers on agronomic issues and challenges, and be able to offer solid solutions
· Learn all aspects of the operation including inside sales, answering telephones, and general office paperwork.
· Participate in customer functions and meetings
· Employee must adhere to all Occupational Health and Safety Standards as the company is committed to the protection and wellness of its employees
· Post-secondary degree in Agricultural/Business Management or diploma from a recognized institute or at least 2 years of experience in the field of Crop Protection.
· Management and/or Sales experience in a related field would be an asset
· An understanding of general crop production practices, an agricultural/farming background would be an asset
· Working knowledge of computers and general office software programs including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Simply Accounting etc.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Be a motivated self-starter as well as a team player
· Ability to demonstrate effective planning, organizational, and time management skills
· Be willing to help out in any area if the need arises
· Valid Class 5 or higher drivers’ license
· Must be eligible to work in Canada
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including health and dental coverage.
Interested candidates should send their resumes with cover letter as soon as possible to:
1020610 AB Ltd O/A PGA
Fax: (780) 332–4423
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent