A BETTER FUTURE
Everything begins with passion, a legacy from the Saputo family, which offered tasty and quality cheeses to its community. Today, after more than 65 years, the company employs thousands of dedicated employees, proud of their role, who work day after day to deliver quality products to customers and consumers.
Ensuring the well-being of our employees is our priority. We offer attractive working conditions and benefits to our employees and their families:
Advantageous corporate agreements
Full range of group insurance benefits
Group retirement pension plan with employer contribution
Purchase option of company stocks
Health and wellness program in the workplace
Assistance program for employees and their families
We support employment equity. Saputo strives to embed diversity and inclusion in its operations and invites candidates from all horizons to join its family.
SUMMARY OF TASKS:
Temporary, Full Time, Contract – 10 months
STAT Holidays are mandatory
Reporting to the Production Supervisor, the Attendant, Production II, is responsible for the manufacturing of cheese making in accordance with the standards and safety objectives established by the company.
- Comply with all Saputo Orangeville Health and Safety and Food Safety and Quality regulations
- Attend scheduled shift regularly and punctually ready to fulfil all duties required
- Focus on customer satisfaction
- Comply with all Saputo Orangeville policies and procedures
- Attend scheduled shift regularly and punctually ready to fulfil all duties required during shift
- Complete all processes which relate to chevrai (ex. temperature, sampling, pumping & pressing, loading/unloading of curd, bagging & carting of cheese, set-up)
- Sanitation of all parts, equipment and department as per standard operating procedures
- Completion of all documents (HACCP forms, sign in/outs & offs, make sheets, frozen curd sheets etc.)
- Operation of C.O.P systems
- Ensure correct vat numbers are used in all products removed from department
- Report any problems with product to Lead hand/Supervisor (ex. Foreign materials in cheese, sanitation issues, health and safety issues, anything that could pose as physical/biological/chemical hazards to food safety)
- Sample collecting of cheese’s as required
- Thread bags for production
- Wash carts and skids before usage in department
- Take on additional duties as required
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills; demonstrated analytical and organizational skills.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills.
- Complete mandatory training including Health and Safety due diligence.
- Must be self-motivated, results oriented and possess high degree of initiative, and work well with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency and dependability in current position.
- Must presently be able to perform all the duties of Soft Cheese Making