Reports to: Quality Control Manager
Location: Leamington ON.
This is an incredible opportunity to be an integral part of one of the fastest growing, and best companies in the world. At Aphria, we are dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our patients and consumers. As industry leaders committed to offering clean, safe, and pure cannabis products, we engage in a collaborative culture that is fast paced, dynamic and highly motivating. If you’re looking to thrive in a new, rapidly growing and innovative space, we would love to hear from you. We are currently seeking a strong leader to join our Quality team.
This position will be responsible for the coordinating the sampling of incoming raw materials as per approved Standard Operating Procedures. Ensure inspection tasks are completed in a timely fashion.
- Coordinate and perform inspections of componentry, packaging and raw materials.
- Maintain testing equipment to ensure accuracy of results and proper working order.
- Ensure workers are engaged in the inspection and testing activities to guarantee high productivity.
- Initiate non-conformances and ensure that all non-conformities are appropriately segregated.
- Perform detailed documentation of inspection results and ensure that all documentations are in accordance with GPP (Good Production Practices).
- Serve as the Quality expert in these areas and ensure that all quality requirements are met.
- Must maintain the highest degree of quality, productivity, throughput, dependability, and safety, a clean and organized work environment, and willingness to accept change; must exhibit team cooperative spirit through assistance to others and knowledge sharing.
- Train and develop less experienced team members to promote continuous improvement.
- Aid in performing ongoing investigations and other unique projects.
- Support management in implementing quality-related directives.
- Adhere to safety rules and procedures.
- May perform other related responsibilities as requested.
- A technical diploma or above in a related field required.
- Previous experience in a similar role required.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Visual inspection skills are required.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Must be able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Knowledge of cGMP requirements or GPP requirements required.
- Good math skills plus the ability to convert between Standard and Metric systems.
- Excellent communication at all levels both written and verbal.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Computer literate with Excel competency
Note: The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job. They are not constructed to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in the job. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Aphria is committed to providing an accessible and barrier-free environment. Please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation during any part of the recruitment process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Quality Control: 2 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Leamington, ON (Preferred)