Links2Care is proud to be a Great Place to Work® (certified 22-23) organization, as voted by our very own employees who make a difference in the lives of our clients and in our communities every day!
Registered Early Childhood Educator, School Age
- Part-time hourly rate of $22.91 per hour AM Shift: 7 am to 8am (Monday to Friday)
- Part-time hourly rate of 22.91 per hour PM Shift: 3pm to 6pm (Monday to Friday)
These are part-time positions working before or after school shift September to June before school starts OR after school ends with children aged 4-10.
The RECE is responsible for planning and implementing a fun and age appropriate Before and After School program for children in a group setting (classroom or gymnasium) in accordance with the Child Care and Early Years Act, municipal guidelines and the policies and procedures of Links2Care and the Links2Care Children’s programs. As an employee of Links2Care, the RECE will actively demonstrate Links2Care values and will promote and support the mission and vision of the Agency. You will be working in a collaborative and respectful environment and eligible for development and training support. At Link2Care we care about you!
Responsibilities and Duties
- Plans school age programs using a variety of child development techniques that respond to diverse needs and interests of the children.
- Follows and adheres to licensing requirements of the childcare program.
- Evaluates program activities, completes documentation, and monitors effectiveness, and reports outcomes to the Supervisor(s).
- Accurately collects and maintains client information based on program needs and employer requirements in accordance with the Links2Care confidentiality/privacy policies, the Childcare and Early Years Act and PHIPA and PIPEDA legislation.
- Accurately completes program record keeping including program plans, attendance records, schedules, health and safety protocols and other program administration, as required.
- Maintains a safe and healthy program and working environment and reports to Supervisor as appropriate about any concerns.
- Provides direction and guidance to Educator’s Assistant program staff.
- Facilitates an understanding of a variety of cultures and value systems while also offering experiences and play materials that actively promote anti-racist and non-sexist integration and attitudes.
- Provides basic CPR/First Aid as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned that support Links2Care Before and After School program.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must be a Registered ECE and maintain registered membership with the College of ECE along with professional knowledge and competencies.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working with children and families in a group setting.
- Valid Standard Level “C” CPR/First Aid Certification. Safe Food Handling an asset.
- An understanding of the needs of children, parents/guardians.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Genuine interest in providing professional customer service and compassionate care to clients served.
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team, interacting in a positive way with staff, families, stakeholders and the general public.
- Completion of a satisfactory C.A.S. check, criminal reference check and vulnerable sector screen is required prior to employment.
- Ability to work varied shifts. Scheduled hours are based on availability and program needs. A commitment to working scheduled hours during the school year is expected.
- Physically fit with the ability to occasionally lift and move items up to 50lbs.
- Employees who travel for work related purposes must have reliable transportation, a valid Ontario driver’s license and a minimum of $1,000,000 liability insurance coverage.
Links2Care reaffirms its policy and maintains a work environment free from discrimination, treating all employees with dignity and respect. All employees share in the responsibility and commitment to equal employment opportunity. Links2Care does not discriminate against any employee or applicant based on age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal and provincial laws, regulations, and ordinances. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, benefits, social and recreational programs, and discipline.
It is the policy of Links2Care to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances where a particular employee works. Links2Care is committed to providing accessible employment practices that comply with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview, or selection processes, please contact our Human Resources Department at 905-844-0252 ext. 130.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted. For more information about the programs and services offered by Links2Care, please visit our website at www.links2care.ca.
For more information about the programs and services offered by Links2Care, please visit our website at www.links2care.ca.
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 5-15 per week
Salary: $22.91 per hour
- Employee assistance program
PPE is provided to all staff
- Do you drive and have access to a vehicle for work? – Yes/ No
- Can you work both shifts: hour AM Shift: 7 am to 8am (Monday to Friday) and PM Shift: 3pm to 6pm (Monday to Friday) – Choose 1 or Both Shifts
- If you can only work one shift – which one: Chose - AM Shift: 7 am to 8am (Monday to Friday) or 3pm to 6pm (Monday to Friday)
- Are you a Registered ECE and maintain registered membership with the College of ECE along with professional knowledge and competencies?
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-09-05