Reporting to the Supervisor, Early Intervention, is responsible for promoting the development, participation and inclusion of children within the community through education, planning, developing and implementing support plans for infants and young children with special needs and their families in licensed child care programs, community settings and Early Intervention Services Offices.
- Community College Diploma in Early Childhood Education or related program AND a post diploma Resource Teacher Certificate, as recognized by the Association of Early Childhood Educators of Ontario OR approved equivalent education and work experience.
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience working with infants, young children with special needs (birth to age 12) and staff in inclusive settings, including experience working with families in home and/or child care programs, utilizing a family-centred model of early intervention.
- Experience developing and implementing Family Support Plans and Individual Program Plans.
- Satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Valid Ontario Class “G” Driver’s licence and reliable vehicle for use on corporate business.
0830 – 1630
How to Apply
Please apply online by January 22, 2020 at 4:30 p.m. We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
$37.42 to $40.67 per hour. This is a Union position - CUPE Local 905 (York Region Unit)