Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Leads and oversees the a Lean Wave Team in Canada ensuring business strategies, plans and initiatives are executed / delivered in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
Responsible for the effective execution of Lean programs through leadership of the Wave Team and a high level of engagement with the various business units and partners throughout the Bank. Primary focuses are to increase efficiencies, reduce costs, maximize revenues and risk mitigation while ensuring that enhancing the customer and business partner experience are at the centre of all decisions
Is this role right for you?
- Leads and drives a customer focused culture throughout their team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Guide the Wave Team and work collaboratively with the business to utilize the Lean methodology as follows:
- Analysis (diagnosis) of business processes
- Develop and test hypotheses based on analysis and operational expertise
- Synthesize findings and quantify opportunities
- Design future state processes
- Development of the Tactical Implementation Plan and support the business in implementing the changes including Management Systems and Workforce Management
- Identify opportunities for improvement and efficiency gains across the program’s core components:
Mindsets and Behaviors
Skills and Capabilities
- Work with the Wave Team to develop strategies and recommendations related to business benefits and costs, and implementation and training plans. Consult and collaborate with the business unit and its partners to ensure proposed solutions are customer centric and align with the end-to-end view of the process.
- Lead and facilitate all aspects of the diagnostic, design and implementation stages by working within cross-functional teams and business partners.
- Provide direction and support to the Wave Team throughout all phases of the wave and during critical conversations with the business unit.
- Take the lead role with the business unit with respect to logistics, planning, scheduling and overall management of the Lean program during the duration of the wave.
- Where appropriate, facilitate training and workshops, and provide consultation to the target business groups in implementing process improvement initiatives.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Creates an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- Post-secondary degree in business, process design or similar with 3-5 years of experience in a business operations setting, including business analysis and process improvement.
- Graduate/professional designation such as MBA/CFA/CA is considered an asset.
- Previous experience with Lean methodology, systems and tools, and small to medium scale change management initiatives.
- Industrial Engineering, Business, Information Technology or similar background.
- Certified in Lean Six Sigma and/or PMP is an asset.
- Thorough knowledge of business lines supported. Working knowledge of appropriate bank systems.
What's in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top companies around the world
- We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), generous vacation, personal & sick days, personal development funding, maternity leave top-up, parental leave and much more.
Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank’s six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.