Journeyman Instrumentation Technician
Newforce Energy Services Ltd. is a diversified oilfield services company with divisions in: pipeline construction, pipeline maintenance and integrity, facilities construction, facilities maintenance, lease construction and electrical and instrumentation (E&I).
Newforce is currently looking for a Journeyman Instrumentation Technician who is experienced in the Oil & Gas industry to join our E&I team based out of Drayton Valley for local projects as well as site projects located in Western Alberta.
- Dedicated to safety, quality, and customer service.
- Have flexible work schedule (shift work, overtime, and weekend availability)
- Perform maintenance, replacement, and installation of equipment.
- Calibrations and installations requiring instrumentation tubing.
- Use of hand tools, power tools, testing equipment and specialty tools, such as tubing benders.
- Use of basic Instrumentation Test Equipment with ability to calibrate
- Use of more advanced calibration equipment such as Hart Communicators, and programs.
- Able to work on or with more advanced meter(s) checking for continuity, resistance, voltages & current readings
- Able to work on or with more advanced systems such as compressor panels, RTU’s, BMS, Line heaters, and production facility equipment
- SCADA programing and maintenance experience an asset.
- Work with a variety of pneumatic and electronic instruments to measure and control variables such as pressure, flow, temperature, level, and composition.
- Test accuracy of flow meters, pressure gages, temperature indicators, controllers, and other recording, indicating, or controlling instruments.
- Calibrate, repair, maintain and adjust system components, and install and maintain instruments on new or existing equipment.
- Knowledge of Gas Detection, LEL Detection and Fire Detection controllers and sensors.
- Capable of setting set points on safety shutdown device(s) & should be able to complete calibrations unattended in most situations.
- Working on or around any ‘live’ process or equipment including isolation and de-pressuring of any system.
- Journeyman Ticket
- A valid Class 5 license with a clean driver abstract
- Valid H2S, First Aid, OSSA Fall Protection, Aerial Work Platform, eGSO, and CSTS
- Experience in the Oil and Gas industry in construction or maintenance is an asset
- Ability to work in various working conditions ranging from outdoors to indoors in a variety of weather conditions and working from heights
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $42.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
Supplemental pay types:
- Are you local to the Drayton Valley Area?
- JM Instrumentation Ticket (preferred)
- H2S Alive (preferred)
- First Aid Certification (preferred)
Work Location: On the road