Founded in 1964, Cascades produces, converts and markets packaging and tissue products that are composed mainly of recycled fibers. The Company employs 11,000 employees, who work in more than 90 production units located in North America and Europe. With its management philosophy, half a century of experience in recycling, and continuous efforts in research and development as driving forces, Cascades continues to deliver the innovative products that customers have come to rely on.
CASCADES CONTAINERBOARD PACKAGING
The Containerboard Packaging Group, a division of Cascades, is the largest containerboard producer in Canada, and is also a top converter of corrugated products in the country. The Group manufactures a wide range of products made from recycled fibres for its North American customers in the food, beverage and consumer products sectors, among many others. The Division, which employs close to 3,400 people, owns six containerboard mills and nineteen corrugated products plants in Canada and the United States.
Cascades Containerboard Packaging is seeking a talented and engaged candidate to join our team to cover a Maternity Leave Replacement.
In this role, you will work closely with the divisions HR Manager for knowledge transfer until her leave starts. The position will be for a period up to the end of June 2021.
You will be reporting to the Plant Manager of the division, but work closely with other members of the team. After this replacement, potential permanent opportunities within our company may be available for a candidate who is mobile within and beyond the GTA.
The incumbent will be responsible for the HR function at the unit level for the duration of the replacement. The ability to manage multiple projects, balance project loads, communicate effectively with team members, and complete projects within a short time-frame will be essential to the success of the candidate. You will also have the opportunity to engage sites, implement programs and communicate changes, and assist with trainings to ensure that Cascades' initiatives are implemented and supported.
Scope of Duties:
- Full cycle recruitment and onboarding;
- Employee relations, coaching and change management;
- Employee Training and Development;
- Promote a culture of employee engagement;
- Support the Human Resources manager in strategic planning initiatives;
- Support the Occupational Health & Safety program;
- Project management that involves interdisciplinary departments;
- Administration of time and attendance and participation to payroll and benefits administration;
- All other tasks and duties as required.
Business Objectives Alignment
Contribute to the implementation of Human Resources operational strategies in his/her unit
Help develop his/her group’s strategic plan and advise its senior management as a Human Resources and management specialist
Identify his/her unit’s Human Resources needs and propose action plans (budgets, resources, schedules) and their implementation
Implement the Human Resources management strategies, practices and processes that apply to his/her unit
Support managers in managing their staff
Support organizational transformation in his/her unit
Support the engagement of his/her units’ staff based on Cascades’ values and business strategy
Support the talent development and succession strategy
Health & Safety
Promote sound occupational health and safety management
Support the maintenance of a safe and healthy work environment for all his/her unit’s employees
Corporate Responsibility and Governance
Ensure the reliability and completeness of relevant information
Foster and promote Cascades’ ethical behaviors, culture and values
Client Focused and Innovation
Draw inspiration from Human Resources management best practices to innovate
Core competencies defined for this job
Impact and influence
Bachelor's degree in Human resources or Business Administration
- 5 years of HR experience
- Exposure to HRIS systems (payroll, applicant tracking, or other HR programs) helpful
- Knowledge and understanding project and change management
- Working towards CHRP designation
- Demonstrate oral and written communication skills;
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills;
- Effective interpersonal and time management skills
- Strong computer skills in all Microsoft Office software
- Committed to continuous learning.
- Ability to adapt to various management styles & settings
Cascades believes in the success of an inclusive organization that values diversity within its team. All qualified candidates will be considered for this position in a fair manner.
Use of the masculine in our communications refers equally to both men and women.
HR, Plant, Payroll, Strategic Planning, Information Systems, Human Resources, Manufacturing, Finance, Strategy, Technology