Todays Shopping Choice is a leading interactive, multi-channel retailer, offering a vast assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. As one of Canada's most innovative and diversified retailers, The Shopping Channel incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry leaders to provide a unique shopping experience, where customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewellery, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics.
Your primary responsibility will be to develop a clear strategy for your area of responsibility that is aligned to the overall business strategy in conjunction with an executable business plan. You will utilize your well-developed skills to work with your established vendor relationships, and work to develop and nurture new relationships, and all internal departments, to ensure that your strategies are executed. You will ensure that you are constantly ahead of all marketplace trends and innovations so that your items demonstrate obvious value and that they reflect the company's vision of a "Customer First
- Use your experience and vendor network, to develop and execute of the assigned categories strategy
- Align with Director, Merchandising to develop programs and strategies to meet or exceed all KPI’s (i.e. sales, gross profit,
inventory and including launching new sub-categories and brands)
- Work closely with the all key stakeholders (Associate Buyer, Merchandise Assistant, Merchandise Programmer, Digital
Merchant and Show Execution Coordinator etc…) to flawlessly execute shows
- Watch and monitor shows to maximize sales performance (including shows outside of regular business hours)
- Build assortments that focus on product excellence and fulfill TSC’s overall strategy to provide meaningful value to our
- Provide guidance and training to help develop the skill set of the Associate Buyers and Merchandise Assistants
- Ensure all programs uphold the high standards set out in TSC's "Customer First Attitude" program.
- Initiate and plan marketing and promotional calendar for the Department by working closely with Web, Marketing and
Promotions teams on an ongoing basis; plan and execute promotional/marketing calendar to ensure support for new brands,
new items and initiatives.
- Monitor all Canadian competitor/marketplace activity to ensure that TSC is at the forefront of all new trends and/or
innovations. Be aware of QVC/HSN/Evine and other appropriate omni channel retailers.
- Negotiate Vendor Agreements to ensure that TSC’s standard Terms and Conditions are met.
- Manage product life cycles and inventory management to ensure that all key performance indicators are met.
- Adhere to all applicable Health and Safety Regulations, legislatively mandated and as outlined in the company policy.
- Other duties as required
- Post-Secondary Education.
- 5+ years Buying/Business Development/Product Development
- Specific experience developing Private Label programs within the Category would be an asset.
- Proven success in the Development and Implementation of new Business Strategies and Initiatives.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with considerable autonomy
- Strong analytical, problem solving and negotiating skills
- Must have excellent organizational, planning and prioritization skills
- Advanced experience with budget processes and strong knowledge of financial systems.
- Technical skills- proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
- Build and maintain effective relationships
- Change Management Leadership: understand of the dynamics of change management and how to foster buy-in across the
- Team Leadership: strong understanding of team building and ability to foster credibility as a leader by acting as a role
model and inspire others to high levels of performance.
- Sound analytical and problem solving skills with an ability to understand broad complex business issues
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, coupled with exceptional interpersonal and relationship building
skills to gain buy in and build consensus across the organization
- Flexibility in hours of work to ensure requirements of team and business are met
- Passionate, hard-working, dedicated, innovative and forward thinking
Length of Contract:
59 Ambassador Dr (096), Mississauga, ON
Up to 10%
Retail (Store Management / Corporate) & Merchandising
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
Our people are at the heart of our success
Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
We do what’s right, each and every day
We believe in the power of new ideas
We work as one team, with one vision
We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.