Why join us?
Are you looking to join an innovative, global real estate company who builds communities and connects people to exceptional places? If so, we would love to tell you our story.At Oxford, our culture is truly one of a kind. Across business lines and around the world, we embrace the complex and tackle opportunities with speed and agility. We are ambitious and humble, forward looking and service-focused. We get stuff done, and have fun doing it! We take great pride in contributing to the communities where we live. We believe that what is good for the environment is good for business. Together we deliver exceptional experiences to our over 2 million daily customers.
Oxford is looking for an Intern Analyst to join our Retail Asset Management team in Toronto, Canada. This position supports the retail leasing and operating teams in a collaborative effort to focus on driving asset values and investment returns. The Retail Asset Management group is principally responsible for maximizing returns and asset values, managing co-ownership relationships, developing asset management plans for each retail asset, and collaborating with key internal stakeholders including Development and Investments to drive asset values. The Intern Analyst will be an integral member of a lean team and be primarily responsible for a wide range of ad-hoc tasks and special projects. He/ she will gain exposure to all facets of the retail asset management business including leasing, operations, research, marketing and development.
As a member of this team, you will be responsible for:
- This position is for Fall 2020, with a 4 month term
To succeed in this role, you have:
- Participate in process improvement initiatives related to monthly / quarterly reporting and creation of data analytics dashboards
- Provide support on various ad-hoc tasks including but not limited to major leasing and capital investment decisions, tenant financial performance summaries, drawing insights from historical and budgeted property-level financials etc.
- Assist the Asset Management team in the monitoring of operating and leasing targets as part of the annual budget process
- Work closely with the Analyst(s) in analyzing and identifying budget variances on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Participate in meetings with Leasing and Property teams to expand knowledge of real estate asset management and the retail sector
- Keep current with market trends and update / create market reports and research for internal use
- Assume leadership in any assigned special projects aimed at improving the overall asset management capabilities of our team in supporting leasing, operations and research
- Thrive in organizations that constantly evolve and adapt
- Driven to achieving results and continuously striving to deliver the highest performance through creative thinking;
- Working towards completion of an undergraduate or post-graduate degree (preferably with a targeted graduation date in 2021) with a concentration in Commerce, Finance, Data Analytics, Real Estate, Urban Planning, or Engineering;
- Prior internship experience in real estate (asset management, leasing, appraisal, investments or development) considered an asset;
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, knowledge of ARGUS Enterprise considered an asset;
- Self-motivated individual with a strong work ethic and a high level of attention to detail;
- Demonstrate an eagerness to learn and respond well to constructive feedback;
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, verbal and written communication, problem solving and project management skills;
- Ability to work well under pressure with multiple competing deadlines; and
- Have a flexible attitude towards a variety of work tasks as is required in a small working group
ABOUT OXFORD PROPERTIES GROUP Oxford Properties Group connects people to exceptional places, and is the owner, developer and manager of some of the world’s best real estate assets. Established in 1960, it manages approximately $60 billion of assets across the globe on behalf of its co-owners and investment partners. Oxford’s portfolio encompasses office, retail, industrial, hotels and multifamily residential and spans over 100 million square feet in global gateway cities across four continents. A highly disciplined and thematic investor, Oxford invests in properties, portfolios, development sites, debt, securities and platform opportunities across the risk-reward spectrum. With regional head offices in Toronto, New York, London, Luxembourg, Singapore and Sydney, its long-term approach to real estate investment aligns Oxford’s interests to its customers and the communities in which it operates. Oxford is the global real estate arm of OMERS, the AAA credit rated defined benefit pension plan for Ontario's municipal employees.OMERS is committed to having a workforce that reflects the communities in which we live and work. Diversity and Inclusion at OMERS means we respect and value the broadest range of experiences, geographies, gender, ethnicities and perspectives as key elements of our culture. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a barrier-free recruitment and selection process. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.