A WORLD LEADER IN TESTING, INSPECTION & CERTIFICATION SERVICES
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply today.
Reporting to the Regional Director, North America – Upstream Minerals, the Senior Technical Advisor/ Geochemist position is responsible for duties relating to providing clients with a higher level of geochemical expertise and all research and development of analytical processes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Client relations centering on companies, consultants and governments requiring a higher level of geochemical expertise to oversee analysis of client samples through verbal and written communications;
- Interact with staff in Production and Quality Assurance to champion client concerns on turnaround and quality;
- Advise clients on limitations in analytical procedures and methods;
- Work with Business Development to foster new and existing client accounts;
- Promote the image and reputation of BVCC to existing and potential clients;
- Take a leading role in developing new analytical methods by overseeing on-going research and originating new studies;
- Co-ordinate research-related activities between BVCC and external consultants / institutions (i.e. Queen’s University, NSERC, KPMG in relation to SR&ED claims, etc.);
- Review periodicals, special publications and other presentations for suggestions to future advancement and/improvement;
- Represent BVCC on boards and panels of experts in mining, exploration, assaying and other service groups on matters that impact the future development of the industry;
- Attend, organize and conduct presentations to conferences to promote current and new developments in BVCC’s analytical repertoire;
- Produce monthly technical reports for major clients according to client timelines and expectations;
- Travel to branch offices throughout the Americas and occasionally to Europe for the purpose of attending conferences, delivering client presentations and partaking in negotiations, conducting review of laboratory performance, etc.;
- Other duties as assigned or required.
Experience and Qualifications
- B.Sc. to Ph.D. degree, technical diploma or equivalent direct experience with special emphasis in the discipline of chemistry and/or geochemistry
- Superior understanding of chemical and geological principles
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in an analytical laboratory environment
- Field experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical ability, organizational and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to work independently and as a part of a team
- Ability to communicate tactfully & efficiently with internal personnel
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office and varied information systems
If you feel that you are the right person for this position please forward your application by email, quoting reference STA_GEOCH
Bureau Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Please note that applications without the job reference will not be accepted.
Candidates applying for Canadian job postings must be authorized to work in Canada.
Job Type: Full-time
- analytical laboratory: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)