Senior IT Project Manager-MON16863
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
This position works in the Business Information Solutions (BIS) group at Bombardier, responsible for delivering projects in the Information Technology domain.
In your role, you will:
- Determines project goals and priorities with management program lead and/or project sponsors.
- Select team members; may not have direct supervisory responsibility (such as hiring and performance/pay reviews) for project team members but provides performance input to team members’ functional managers.
- Support requirements to provide necessary information and support for successful program delivery.
- May be responsible for one or more projects.
- Negotiate the performance of activities with team members and their managers if operating in a matrix environment.
- Coach to clarify assignments and deliverables; mentor others in project management practices; review quality of work and manages integration of team members’ work.
- Co-create a project charter with the team, including the definition of completion criteria.
- Manage and communicate a clear vision of the project’s objectives, and motivate the project team to achieve them; create a project environment that enables peak performance by team members.
- Organize the work into manageable activity clusters (phases) and determines an effective approach to completing the work.
- With Project Planning, prepare project plan and obtain management approval.
- Analyze risks establish contingency plans and identify trigger events and responsibility for initiating mitigating action. Gather stakeholder input; rank the top project risks in terms of total impact.
- Work with project Planning in tracking and reporting on progress to plan, cost and schedule reporting, and change control.
- Analyze the actual performance against the plan and make adjustments consistent with plan objectives.
- Manage relationships with project stakeholders, including internal and external clients and vendors, keeping them stakeholders informed of progress and issues in order to manage expectations on all project requirements and deliverables.
- Manage change to preserve business plan commitments; initiate review if objectives must change.
- Establish and publish clear priorities among project activities.
- Arbitrate and resolve conflict and interface problems within the project.
- Manage the financial aspects of the project: budgeting, estimate to actual variance, capital project management, etc.
- With Project Planning, oversee project documentation and updates to relevant knowledge.
- bases; analyze lessons learned and shares with other project directors and project managers.
- Effectively coordinates the activities of the team to meet project milestones.
- Provides input/justification for project costs and budget impact.
- Works with Project Planning to ensure implementation of PMF standards, processes, and support services.
- Proactively identify changes in work scope and ensure appropriate planning measures are taken with internal and external clients to reassess and amend the scope of work requirement, budget, and timeline.
- Represent project at meetings and with external consultants and departmental and senior management to assure that priorities are communicated and understood, and that progress/delays/issues are reported.
- Determine what constitutes successful closure for all parties. Gain acceptance and sign-off by all parties when closure is attained.
- Resolve issues related to client relations, governmental relations, project quality, project risk and project safety.
- Manage vendor relations and procurement related to the project(s).
As our ideal candidate,
- You hold relevant educational background (ideally IT focused) to a university level.
- You hold 10 years' experience in a relevant IT field, including 8 years IS Project Management experience.
- You have experience in leading/driving large, complex project(s) through complete Project Life-cycle, preferably on an international basis.
- You have an excellent technical level with regards to Project Management tools & methodology (ideally with PMP/PMI/Prince 2 certification).
- You have good technical command of Finance/HR software/systems including or SAP. Experience with infrastructure background is an asset.
- You have strong analytical skills
- You have the ability to adapt to an international dynamic working environment.
- You have knowledge about Project Management, software development projects and infrastructure projects.
- You have experience creating Business Requirements, Project Plans, Project Schedules and associated project materials.
- You have experience with supporting both purchased and in-house developed hardware and software applications.
- You are open to international travel according to business requirements.
Bombardier is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
10.12.2019, 5:33:28 PM