If you want to work with great people and make a difference,
then the Y is the place for you!
Assistant, Newcomer Youth Wellness Program
Part Time (24 hours per week-mornings, afternoons, and some evenings)
Downtown Community Hub, 301 Vaughan Street
Are you passionate about community and wellness? Do you enjoy working with youth
ages 12-21? Our Newcomer Youth Wellness Program helps youth new to the community
connect with others while increasing their knowledge and skills around mental, physical
and social health. Reporting to and collaborating with the Program Coordinator, you will
provide motivation, encouragement and support to help youth adjust to a new culture
Why work at the Y?
- You make a difference in a youth’s life everyday
- Great people and dynamic work environment
- Complimentary individual Y membership
- 5% employer-matching pension plan
- Super rewarding job, helping youth grow and prosper!
Are you the right fit?
- Assist in delivering trauma-informed wellness programming to newcomer youth
- Build strong relationships with participants
- Facilitate positive individual and group interaction
- Provide appropriate outreach and community resource assistance to participants
What else do you need?
- High school, diploma or bachelor in mental health related studies
- 1-3 years’ experience working in a similar role
- Verbal fluency in English and additional languages such as Arabic, Tigrinya, Swahili,
- Preference for applicants with personal experience of migration
- Emergency First Aid and CPR Level C (can provide)
- Mobile to work at different locations
- Caring, compassionate, patient and understanding
- Availability on weekday mornings, afternoons and some evenings
- Mental Health First Aid, NVCI/WEVAS-recommended
Submit your cover letter
and resume by March 31,
Director, Newcomer Services
The Y is committed to providing an
inclusive environment where diversity
is welcomed and encouraged. If you
require accommodation during any
part of the recruitment or selection
process, please don’t hesitate to reach
out. This includes providing you with
alternate formats of this posting.
The Y is entrusted to provide a safe
environment for children and
vulnerable individuals. All applicants
will be thoroughly screened through a
review process including Police Record
Checks with Vulnerable Sector Search
and Child Abuse Registry Checks.
We thank you for your interest;
however, only applicants selected
for an interview will be contacted.