Help us answer humanity's most burning questions, such as "How many Pokéball twirls does it take to catch a Mr. Mime?". Jk, no, but seriously how MANY twirls does it take?? Join our small-but-growing AI team as one of the first members and help us build Mistplay into the top mobile gaming community and loyalty program. Work closely with our product, marketing and engineering teams to help us understand user behaviour and ultimately design the best possible experience for our customers.
Mistplay is home to passionate people who value our mission — bringing people together around games. Diversity and inclusiveness are a critical part of how we get there. We believe that with diversity comes a better product, better decisions, and a better work environment. Everyone here is committed to making Mistplay representative of the world we want to live and play in.
What you'll be doing
- Partner with our awesome AI, Product and Marketing teams to answer high-priority strategic questions. Here are a few examples:
- Given all our crazy ideas, what should we build next? Which features will have the highest impact and help us accomplish our goals more quickly?
- Deep dive into core product funnel usability and growth. Where can we improve the most?
- Where should we spend our partnership and marketing efforts? What are the most promising opportunities for growing our brand?
- Define our user segments and identify areas where we can impact the business. Who are our most engaged users, and how can we acquire and retain more of them?
- Define KPIs for the company and build automated dashboards, reports, and models to enable teams at Mistplay to make better decisions
- Work with Product & Engineering to implement, validate, and monitor our logging and metrics
- Find actionable strategic insights through funnels, cohort analyses, user segmentation, regression models and more
- Run multivariate product experiments to help us drive growth, improve existing features, and identify new areas of opportunity
What you should have
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Math, Economics, Statistics, or other quantitative fields
- 3+ years work experience doing quantitative analysis (preferably in the tech industry) and proven track record of impacting business or product decisions
- Pro-level ability to synthesize and communicate complex concepts and analyses in simple, easy-to-understand ways
- A solid grasp of common statistical methods and applications (A/B testing, probability, regression) along with a healthy dose of skepticism
- Fluency in SQL. Extensive experience pulling highly dimensional and complex data, as well as modeling scenarios and sensitivity analysis using Excel
- Awesome attitude and a healthy dose of natural curiosity. Questions have to be answered and our data isn't just going to analyze itself. (We're working on that.)
- A love of gaming and familiarity with the games industry
- Understanding of machine learning, data science and/or at least one statistics package (i.e. SciPy, Matlab, Stata, SAS).
- Development experience using programming languages such as R, Python or Scala
- Experience working with very large data sets and distributed computing (Hive/Hadoop)
- Familiarity with technologies such as AWS Athena, AWS Data Pipeline, TensorFlow and/or Google BigQuery to build and optimize production data pipelines
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00 to $85,000.00 /year
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)