Metro to home is looking for owner operators who are energetic, self-motivated and most importantly customer focused. We provide industry leading training and ongoing support to achieve great results. The primary responsibility is providing direct to store deliveries for a dedicated metro customer. It is essential that the delivery driver create a positive customer experience by understanding and meeting the customers’ needs. Success in this role will be determined by customer satisfaction through on time, accurate deliveries and providing a positive customer interaction each and every time you interface with the customer.
· As an owner operator, operating a 26-foot cube truck, deliveries will be conducted on predetermined routes using a GeoTab GPS system to provide accurate on time delivery to multiple store locations. Assigned delivery routes will vary from time to time.
· Strict adherence to completion of all documentation according to SOPs including; manifests, obtaining signatures etc.
· At a Metro facility, load pallets with product into the truck for delivery in a manner that prevents damage to the product.
· Adhere to Metro’s safe motor vehicle driving methods, as well as, strict adherence to all Provincial motor vehicle laws.
· Maintain a clean delivery truck, perform daily pre/post shift safety inspections and advise the Supervisor of any concerns or service recommendations.
· Follow all SOPs regarding the safeguarding of Metro and its Customers property against theft.
· Work with the Management team to return damaged or stale dated product not accepted at the retail location and transport the undelivered product back to the facility, according to SOP.
· Work with Customer Service and the Logistics Coordinator to accommodate rush deliveries and/or changes to the scheduled delivery route.
· Establish a positive relationship with the store customer by understanding client expectations, meeting daily commitments, and addressing or referring any service concerns for resolution.
· Adhere to established uniform requirements, maintain a professional image and handle all client interactions in a courteous, customer-oriented manner.
· Demonstrate and promote Metro’s Our WAY values on a daily basis.
· Other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS AND EXPERIENCE
· Must provide a 2006 or newer 5-ton
· Must have required tools and equipment
· Must have active WSIB in good standing
· Must be insured for 2 million liability, 50,000 cargo, water installations, transportation
· Completion of secondary school is preferred or equivalent experience.
· Valid 5-ton truck driver licence with a clean driver abstract.
· Minimum of 3 years experience as a 5-ton truck delivery driver in a time-sensitive, customer interfacing environment preferred.
· Experience operating a tailgate is an asset;
· Experience or comfortable using an on-board GPS navigation system.
· Must agree to a criminal background and credit check.
· Proven ability to operate a motor vehicle within a defined geographical area (including both urban and non-urban areas) in all weather conditions.
· Strong orientation to safety, with a demonstrated commitment to the principles of defensive driving.
· Ability to lift heavy items numerous times throughout the day.
· Ability to represent a professional, knowledgeable and friendly customer service approach when dealing with customers.
· Ability to develop and maintain relationships with internal team members.
· Proven communication skills both verbal and written.
· Comfortable with being directly involved in a fast paced environment and able to work under stressful conditions.
· Ability to make sound decisions independently and know when to reach out for assistance from your supervisor.
· Well organized and capable of working with minimal supervision.
· Must be flexible and willing to work additional hours when required.
Job Type: Full-time