Purchasing Specialist – Delta, BC
Contract Position Ending December 2021
Come be part of the Toyota family!
You will have the opportunity to learn world class Toyota Production System and methodologies used to support and accelerate problem solving and resolution!
Over 30 years ago Toyota's first foray into North American manufacturing operations was to build a wheel manufacturing facility in Delta, British Columbia called Canadian Autoparts Toyota Inc (CAPTIN). Our plant is a fast paced and lean operation that draws on the support of the larger Toyota family. We are a 160-person manufacturing facility has core operations that include casting, melting finishing, machining, painting and repair.
What we offer:
- After 3 months BC medical coverage, extended health benefits, health care spending account and basic life insurance
- Safe, clean and family oriented work environment
- Variety of tasks and opportunity to learn
At CAPTIN we believe in being fair, honest, open, respectful, and committed to quality and safety. We do this by:
- Honoring the language and spirit of the law of every nation
- Respecting the culture and customs of every nation
- Dedicating our business to providing clean and safe products
- Creating and developing advanced technologies and providing outstanding products and services
- Fostering a corporate culture that enhances both individual creativity and the value of teamwork
- Pursuing growth in harmony with the global community via innovative management, and
- Working with business partners in research and creation to achieve stable, long-term growth and mutual benefits
The primary objective of the Purchasing/Inventory Management Specialist is to procure and maintain Direct and Indirect materials to help the business run smoothly and efficiently at the lowest possible total cost.
What you will be responsible for:
- Issue, maintain and process documentation that keeps track of purchases and use that information to communicate with other departments.
- Work with other departments to ensure customer satisfaction and accurate information is provided to create purchase orders and requisitions (PRs/Post Good Receipt).
- Issue RFP/RFQ/RFI as required
- Release purchase orders and negotiates the best total cost and deliveries for CAPTIN
- Manage the purchase of materials and supplies from vendors and coordinates the preparation of material and supply purchase orders based on approved requisitions
- Generate all necessary reports to track, coordinate, process and follow through with purchase orders as required
- Identify areas for cost reduction and visualize the activities
- Schedule and facilitate Request for Bids (RFB's)
- Communicate and follow up with purchase orders and couriers to ensure all orders are fulfilled in timely manner and to CAPTIN's standard
- Expedite purchase orders as needed
- Assist in import & Export brokerage clearance, file claims as needed
- Support with supplier contract negotiations and management
- Prepare and support Purchasing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) at Floor Management Development Systems (FMDS) meetings
What you need to be part of our Team:
- Daily raw material inventory check
- Verify and approve monthly inventory
- Coordinate short and long-term Production and Maintenance requirements to determine inventory levels and appropriate systems control
- Help with Inventory count (Stores)
- Other duties as required
- Post-secondary degree
- 1 to 3 years of related work experience in Purchasing, Inventory Management, Supply Chain Management
- Previous experience with SAP is an asset
- Strong Microsoft office skills, as well as an aptitude to learn new systems are essential
- Demonstrated understanding principles, practices and regulations of Canadian/US customs
- Knowledge of the Procurement process in a Manufacturing environment
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel and Word skills
- Effective communication with people of various backgrounds
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all management and team members
- Demonstrated integrity and professionalism
- Ability to travel
- Class 5 Driver License and good driving record
CAPTIN is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are committed to providing accommodations for applicants with disabilities; please advise us if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please no telephone or email inquiries.