- Milk cows;
- Feed and tend livestock and poultry
- Plant, fertilize, cultivate, spray, irrigate and harvest crops
- Perform or assist in performing breeding activities of farm animals
- Operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment
- Follow food safety and security and animal bio-security procedures
- Detect disease and health problems in crops, livestock and poultry
- Examine produce for quality and prepare for market
- Set and monitor water lines, air flow and temperature in barns, pens and chicken coops
- Maintain or assist in the maintenance of facilities and farm infrastructure including cleaning stables, barns, barnyards and pens.
- General farm workers can become specialized in a particular type of crop or livestock production through experience.
May also be required to perform some or all of the following:
- Provide agricultural livestock services such as artificial insemination, spraying or shearing of livestock or disinfecting pens, barns or poultry houses
- Provide agricultural crop services such as plowing, irrigating, cultivating, spraying or harvesting
- Assist in the development and implementation of farm safety and bio-security procedures
- Hire and train workers
- Negotiate the terms of services to be provided
- Maintain financial and operational records
- Participate in the provision of services or in the operation of machinery and equipment.
Education: some specialized training/education may be required.
Experience: 3 years minimum of related experience is required.
Conditions: worker must be willing to work in all weather conditions, working long hours and in a physically demanding position.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
Salary: $17.00 per year
- On-site Parking
- Paid Time Off
- Day shift
- Night Shift
- Dairy Farm: 3 years (Required)