Job Title: Date Posted: Reports to:
Early Childhood Assistant April 20, 2023 Director of Operations
Job Posting # Early-Childhood Date Closed:
Assistant-047-2023 Position Type: Full Time
August 18, 2023
Connecting Dots Foundation Canada is a pioneer community-based not-for-profit organization providing quality initiatives and services to professionals, the community, parents and children. provides early intervention and school-aged programs for children aged 0-12 years with a disability or developmental delay, and their families. We also provide programs and resources that help you and your organization rise to the task and excel while carrying it out. We accept referrals for children aged
About the Program:
At Connecting Dots Foundation, we aim to foster a lifelong love for learning in the children in our care.
The renowned Reggio Emilia philosophy supports this goal, offering children an opportunity to learn through play and exploration, developing valuable skills in the cognitive, social-emotional, fine and soft motor areas with the environment as their third teacher. Despite the amazing benefit and tangible impact incorporating this philosophy into children’s programming can have on a child’s development, the philosophy is far too often misunderstood or misused.
At Connecting Dots Foundation, we recognize that to have successful inclusive environments we need to create opportunities for inclusion. Connecting Dots Foundation is committed to supporting inclusion by providing information, advice and training. Support can promote inclusion and can help children and families to be ready to share and thrive in everyday and community life. Connecting Dots Foundation has been involved in a number of collaborative community projects to promote community inclusion in key areas including sport, in the early childhood/school setting, with playgrounds and community events and activities. We work in partnership with community groups, schools and councils to achieve this.
- Support early childhood educators in carrying out programs that promote the physical, cognitive, emotional and social development of children.
- Assist early childhood educators or supervisors in keeping records
- Guide and assist children in the development of proper eating, dressing and toilet habits.
- Observe children for signs of potential learning or behavioral problems and prepare reports for parents, guardians, or supervisor.
- Attend staff meetings to discuss progress and problems of children.
- Assess the abilities, interests and needs of children and discuss progress or problems with parents and other staff members.
- Maintain collaborative relationships with coworkers and community service providers working with children.
- Maintain an environment that protects the health, security and wellbeing of children.
Qualifications and Skills:
- A College certificate in early childhood education is required.
- Child development assistant (ECE level 1)
- Clear criminal record check is required.
- Character references in respect of the person are required.
- A record of the person's work history/resume is required.
- Copies of any diplomas, certificates or other evidence of training and skills are required.
- Valid First Aid certificate is required.
- Valid CPR certificate is required.
- Actively contribute to the mission, vision and values of Connecting Dots Foundation.
- Follow the organizational Code of Ethics and professional standards of your certification and your position in the organization.
- Adhere to the policies and procedures of your program(s) and organization.
- Perform the duties outlined in this job description.
- Contribute in a positive way to the overall success of the program and organization.
- Participate in the establishment of program goals and objectives and set service priorities based on it.
- Demonstrate a positive and professional attitude when representing the organization in the community.
- To follow the direction of the Joint Health, Safety & Wellness Committee in compliance with the
Occupational Health and Safety Act.
Hours: Full time, 37.5 hours per week
(Some evenings are required)
Salary: $17.95 per hour
Position to commence: May 2023
Please submit your resume to the Hiring Committee at [email protected]
Please add Job Posting # Early-Childhood Assistant-047-2023 to the email subject line and cover letter.
Connecting Dots Foundation Canada offers an attractive and rewarding work environment. We appreciate all applicants' interest, but only those under consideration will be contacted for an interview.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.03-$18.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Clairmont, AB T8X 5E8: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-05-01