Why Houston Landscapes?
Since 2004 , Houston Landscapes has been passionately bringing our clients visions to life creating solutions to meet even the most elaborate landscapes design needs. Whether it’s lush landscapes or inspiring masonry work, our team of over 85 committed individuals people from Vancouver, Sea To Sky and the Sunshine Coast is changing the landscaping business one inspiring job at a time.
We are looking for a dynamic, collaborative Estimator to join our creative and solutions focused team. A strong background in landscape or construction estimating and a passion for quality is must.
Reporting to the Senior Estimator, the Estimator will be responsible for leading all aspects of their role including quantity take offs, computing quantity calculations, pricing materials, generating labour and equipment costs, communicating any project issues to project lead for clarification, understanding scope and exclusions regarding specific scope items assigned, read all contract documents regarding assigned scope items, review other team members work (takeoffs, quantity calculations, and costs) and other accounting tasks as required.
· Accurately estimate all direct job costs
· Document how the job costs were arrived at
· Hand off contracted jobs to production
· Continue to build relationships with prospective clients
· Assists the Senior Estimator in the development of systems and procedures for the estimating department as needed.
· Help maintain a clean and organized structure throughout the company by improving company systems, maintaining a clean yard, warehouse and office space, and by providing assistance to other team members as required.
· Minimum 3 years as an estimator in a similar sized company with experience producing quotes up to $6,000,000
· Minimum 3 years in-field experience in landscape / construction
· Experience managing and leading teams of up to 3 people
· Experience analyzing job costs and production rates in previous roles
· Capable of reading and understanding all drawings and specifications
· Advanced understanding of Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Office, etc.).
· Competent working in a wide variety of software platforms.
· Strong command of algebra and unit conversions (dimensional analysis)
· Basic understanding of common data structures in computing
· Excellent time management and scheduling abilities
· Highly attentive to detail
· The utmost integrity in maintaining confidentiality of company and client information
· Capable of working with minimal supervision
· Strong written and oral communicator
· Rigid adherence to a systems and processes approach to workflow
· Proven ability to work effectively to deadlines
· Great team player that is professional, personable and conscientious
· Valid driver's license.
· Must be comfortable in a dog friendly work environment
Houston Landscapes Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer reasonable accommodations to candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their time and interest in working at Houston Landscapes Ltd, however only candidates under consideration for opportunities with Houston Landscapes Ltd. will be contacted to participate further in this process. If you are contacted and you require any accommodation in the recruitment process due to a disability, please indicate this and we will work with you to meet your reasonable accessibility needs.
Job Type: Permanent